Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers win, 9-7 -- Yelich hits two HRs; Bullpen hangs on late]

Eye Black
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not pretty, but its a W. Nice to see the offense wake up. When was the last time we had an offensive explosion and also good pitching (not taking anything away from Lyles, as he was great again)?

Probably that 13-1 win over Atlanta a few weeks ago

I'm sorry, I think Hader would be a disaster as a starting pitcher. He doesn't even have a second pitch, much less a third.

He has to throw his slider for strikes. No one believes he can hit his spots with it, and hitters are laying off even with two strikes. They want his fastball. That would worry me a lot if I were Josh Hader.

I'm sorry, I think Hader would be a disaster as a starting pitcher. He doesn't even have a second pitch, much less a third.

He might be forced to actually use his pitches though.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Your Brewers second-half stopper = Jordan Lyles.

Not the hero we deserve, but he’s the one we need right now.

Granted they were both only 5-inning starts, but Lyles has looked good. I wonder if the Brewers identified something he was doing as a Pirate that was leading to him getting the crap kicked out of him?

Is it safe to say the league is starting to figure out Harder?

What's the career trajectory for most pitchers of his profile? If I'm Stearns, I'm looking to see what I can get at the winter meetings.

Your Brewers second-half stopper = Jordan Lyles.

Not the hero we deserve, but he’s the one we need right now.

Granted they were both only 5-inning starts, but Lyles has looked good. I wonder if the Brewers identified something he was doing as a Pirate that was leading to him getting the crap kicked out of him?

I remember after the trade they mentioned on the telecast that CC said there were a couple of things they noticed.

Not that he won't revert to his career averages eventually, but fingers crossed we can squeeze a few more good starts out of him beforehand.

Villar would ironically be a great fit for this roster.

Arcia is probably glad he isn't here or he'd be losing a lot of time at SS.

He profiles correctly (decent enough switch hitting IFer) as something we need, but I think it was clear he was a bad fit for this team. His stats aren't really much different than they were last year as a Brewer but nobody missed him when he was gone.

Probably goes without saying, but tonight was a much needed win. I rarely do W/L predictions, but I have a feeling the Brewers are going to win a few more this week. Hopefully they can win the next four and head into Sunday’s game versus the Rangers’ Mike Minor with a chance to propel right back in the middle of the race for the NL Central.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I mean... Yelich. Wow. You have to raise the payroll and significantly improve the pitching staff with a guy like him around. I was hoping Peralta would keep it up to be a trade chip in the offseason but it looks like we’ll have to get pitching help via free agency. Yikes with their continued horrible bullpen
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Archived