Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers win, 9-7 -- Yelich hits two HRs; Bullpen hangs on late]

Eye Black
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wonder about Counsell’s job status this offseason (or even before then)

He'll be fine. No concerns yet with his job security.

He's pushed a lot of wrong buttons this season though for sure. Doesn't at all resemble the mastermind he looked like last year. But he's not going anywhere. If 2019 and 2020 are both disappointments then things could change.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jonathan Villar just hit for the cycle.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I really wonder about Counsell’s job status this offseason (or even before then)

He'll be fine. No concerns yet with his job security.

He's pushed a lot of wrong buttons this season though for sure. Doesn't at all resemble the mastermind he looked like last year. But he's not going anywhere. If 2019 and 2020 are both disappointments then things could change.

Like most masterminds when 9/10 keys work you look pretty impressive always getting the door to unlock. I don’t mind Counsell overall that much, but even last year he wasn’t anything special.

Quickly. Did anyone think Monte Harrison would be the last of the guys we gave up to make it to the show?? I'm kinda shocked. Good to see Diaz go deep.

Not really. Brinson was already there and Harrison was always very raw. I guess in the sense that I never figured Yamamoto would make it I'm surprised but between Isan and Harrison I would have figured flip a coin.

Jonathan Villar just hit for the cycle.

Is that for the season or 1 game??

He’s having a nice season. Talented guy. Good for him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This Reynolds dude is annoying.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived