Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]

Eye Black

This organization really needs Grisham or Ray to be above average players. We are going to have holes all throughout our batting lineup in the coming years. Stearns will need to hit on some more Shaw/Thames/Aguilar types of acquisitions.

The pitching staff is young and going to get younger in the next couple of years.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just play Braun at 1B some. Man, it ain’t really that hard of a place to play.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hasn't Yelich also played quite a bit of 1B?

Although I don't think they want Braun playing anywhere but LF anymore and I think Grisham is pretty limited to either LF or CF.

Although I don't think they want Braun playing anywhere but LF anymore and I think Grisham is pretty limited to either LF or CF.

According to Baseball Reference, Yelich has never played 1B in MLB. And there’s no reason to put him there. He’s an excellent corner outfielder and, because his arm isn’t strong, he’s perfectly suited for LF.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

CC mentioned him playing there with Grisham getting the call.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just think, we have 3 more years at 15 million per pop to watch Cain continue to downslide. That is not a good thing.

Yeah I don't know how you can justify giving a 5 year $80 million dollar contract to a 30 yer old unless he's a borderline Hall of Famer, which he's not. A pretty nice player, but not Hall of Fame material. Hopefully DS can move him this winter.

What a waste of money Grandal has been.

Huh? He's a catcher with a .374 OBP and an .850 OPS. He's been worth almost 4 wins already. He's been an absolute steal.

I see you're new here so I'll give you a tip on posting here. Click on the full editor button and you'll see an option for sarcasm.

Archived