Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]

Eye Black

Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.

Misconceptions about Braun? You don’t say.

Maybe the facts have been lost in the chain of custody... LOL

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.

The scary thing about that is they are going to bring someone up to play backup SS at some point. If they send Grisham down as the corresponding move I will be furious.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Looks like it's time to play the young ones. Who else comes up and gets a shot now? If Grisham is for real this will be an exciting group next year.

The sad thing about our farm is that we're legitimately out of young, good position players that could come up. There's a few pitchers at least.

Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.

Honestly Braun needs to become a first baseman next year. I’m not sold on Thames being the full time guy next year. Cain will probably be here so you have to give this Grisham guy a chance. Cain, Yelich, Grisham, gamel outfield. Make Braun play first

If we had a choice of signing Grandal or moose next year who would you choose

I’m almost inclined to sign moose. I really don’t want to go into next year with Shaw at third. He might bounce back or he might be just done. Then what the hell,do,we do

Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.

The scary thing about that is they are going to bring someone up to play backup SS at some point. If they send Grisham down as the corresponding move I will be furious.

Shaw needs to go down

How is he doing in games started, though, I wonder?

He does do a fair-share of pinch-hitting.

For instance, Braun has played in virtually the same number of games (one less) than Cain with 15 fewer walks at that ... and still has more than 80 less AB's than does Cain at the beginning of today.

Gonna be nice watching baseball again next year without crushing hope and expectations. Getting to just watch the few solid players, the few rookies we'll have, etc. Last year was perfect because it was kind of a surprise. This year sucked.

Bat Grisham 1.

Bat Hiura 2.

Bat Yelich 3.

You can flip-flop 2 and 3 if you want ... everybody else ... whatever will be, will be.

Versus RHP I would go with:

1) Grisham

2) Yelich

3) Hiura

That way Yelich’s speed can be more of a factor. For example, he is a threat to steal 2B, or even to score from 1B when Hiura hits a double to the gap.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Games Played: 103 - Starts: 80

Braun as LF: .290/.340/.508/.849 (78 games - 334PA)

Braun as DH: .071/.071/.286/.357 (3 games - 15PA)

Braun as PH: .190/.261/.238/.499 (23 games - 23PA)

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Shaw needs to go down

You feed the cat and it keeps coming back....we can't be rid of him, apparently

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Thanks, Brew4U! You da' man! Braun is doing much better as a starter! Start him more!

Thanks, Brew4U! You da' man! Braun is doing much better as a starter! Start him more!

On pace for 115 starts and 147 games played. But could fluctuate with Grisham coming up. But it’s safe to say that Braun isn’t the problem people are looking for.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

On pace for 115 starts and 147 games played. But could fluctuate with Grisham coming up. But it’s safe to say that Braun isn’t the problem people are looking for.

Braun isn't the problem, I just don't think he's that good of a player anymore where his day to day prescense in the lineup really makes a big difference one way or another.

With that being said, his RISP hitting (.922 OPS) has been very good this year which is what we have really been lacking in the lineup. Everyone else seems to have a big problem with situational hitting.

Shaw 2-4 today.

Well that guarantees another 20-30 starts. Although he can't make this offense any less offensive than it is.

Could this series, this week, and this season be any more anemic?

I think the great chemistry of a team having fun like they did in 2017 and 2018 is gone, and a total collapse like in 2014 is a real possibility.

It’s been a downhill battle, but the Brewers will probably be passing the Reds soon.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Maybe the facts have been lost in the chain of custody... LOL

Nice. I needed a good chuckle!

In the old days you could look to September call ups to see some future stars with the Crew at least. Can't wait for this tear with Perez Saladino Taylor Williams and Burch Smith. Gonna be sweet.

I'm looking forward to Devin Williams at least. Hopefully Supak will be up as well. Maybe Burnes can remember he's been excellent prior to this year, as well?

Honestly Braun needs to become a first baseman next year. I’m not sold on Thames being the full time guy next year. Cain will probably be here so you have to give this Grisham guy a chance. Cain, Yelich, Grisham, gamel outfield. Make Braun play first

If we had a choice of signing Grandal or moose next year who would you choose

I’m almost inclined to sign moose. I really don’t want to go into next year with Shaw at third. He might bounce back or he might be just done. Then what the hell,do,we do

Neither. Get garret cole.

Archived