Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]

Eye Black
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice! Hopefully we can get a taker on Cain.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Today’s silver lining: Grisham officially has his first multi-hit game of the year, and first home run. Have yourself a day! Want to bat lead off for the next six years, maybe?m

We definitely have an opening for that.

I'm very disappointed with the season but called it pretty early when the young guns flamed out. I have had plenty of time to accept reality. Now I just don't want to hear Stearns and company post morten talking about how we have a good group of guys and had tough luck with injuries blah blah. If he says hey this season is on me and we need to spend some money to buy some pitching I'm back on board. Oh also coaches matter. Sorry DJ come on back and we will double your salary. That's what we need to demand. No more dumpster diving. You want to win now spend now.

Looks like it's time to play the young ones. Who else comes up and gets a shot now? If Grisham is for real this will be an exciting group next year.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Bat Grisham 1.

Bat Hiura 2.

Bat Yelich 3.

You can flip-flop 2 and 3 if you want ... everybody else ... whatever will be, will be.

Moose and Braun logically at 4-5, though. Too bad Braun cannot play hardly more than a part-timer, anymore, though.

Speaking of the young guns let's get a pitching coach in the offseason that can help them. Argue what you want about the pitchers throwing the pitches but Hook does not deserve a job, that much has been clear for awhile.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Bat Grisham 1.

Bat Hiura 2.

Bat Yelich 3.

You can flip-flop 2 and 3 if you want ... everybody else ... whatever will be, will be.

Moose and Braun logically at 4-5, though. Too bad Braun cannot play hardly more than a part-timer, anymore, though.

Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.

Bat Grisham 1.

Bat Hiura 2.

Bat Yelich 3.

Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.

How is he doing in games started, though, I wonder?

He does do a fair-share of pinch-hitting.

For instance, Braun has played in virtually the same number of games (one less) than Cain with 15 fewer walks at that ... and still has more than 80 less AB's than does Cain at the beginning of today.

Misconceptions about Braun? You don’t say.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.

:laughing Eat some watermelon or have a nice bowl of soup with a few crackers. Calm down! :laughing

Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.

:laughing Eat some watermelon or have a nice bowl of soup with a few crackers. Calm down! :laughing

I'm only kidding. Mostly.

Archived