Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]

Eye Black
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been beating this drum with Houser for awhile, but,

When the rotation suffered multiple injuries, I was hoping they'd give Supak a shot, who just pitched a gem for the AAA Missions. Further back, they could have given Drew Smyly a look, who has pitched exceptionally well for the Phillies.

Instead, as I feared they went back to Houser starting, who has been exceptional out of the pen but terrible as a starter. So not only did they go back to a bad starting option with other options available, in the process they severely weakened the pen -- giving those innings that normally would have gone to Houser instead to a tired and ineffective Junior Guerra, who has helped blow several games since then.

Stearns and Counsell continue to press one wrong button after another this year, especially as it relates to our pitching staff.

Shaw looks so defensive at the plate. Like he’s taking half swings trying to not strike out. He’s like the exact opposite of the Grisham break out, who said he decided just to attack pitches and swing aggressively.

Here's the thing...the whole rest of that inning was torpedoed by Arcia's stupid swing at the 1st pitch. After that, you knew it wouldn't end well. That's lack of awareness, you're in the 7 hole..you are followed by a guy hitting .155 then the Pitcher..likely two outs. So how about a good at bat there Orlando?? Work the count a bit..nah, I will first pitch swing. Great approach. Right then and there the inning was over.

Archived