Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-03: Brewers (González) at Cubs (Hamels) [Brewers lose, 4-1 -- Offense continues to struggle; Bullpen allows 3 runs over final 2 innings]

Eye Black
Starting to get the feeling that this team has quit or begun to. They see the writing on the wall with this roster as constructed.

Come on man. Frustrating times for sure, but if a professional athlete would quit based on likeliness or winning, half the games wouldn’t be played. That’s absurd. They have careers, families to provide for, they’re not quitting anything.

Clearly the point is wayyyy over your head.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starting to get the feeling that this team has quit or begun to. They see the writing on the wall with this roster as constructed.

Come on man. Frustrating times for sure, but if a professional athlete would quit based on likeliness or winning, half the games wouldn’t be played. That’s absurd. They have careers, families to provide for, they’re not quitting anything.

Clearly the point is wayyyy over your head.

LOL. I don't exactly know what I'm laughing at other than this entire exchange. Lots of ins and outs and what-have-yous.

Sure glad Stearns acquired what he needed to fix this pitching staff.

Should have sold. Am I right?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You said this a page ago....Would have been a good spot for a guy like Houser had an arm been acquired at the deadline. But you do you, Stearns.

No, he should NOT have sold, what he should have done is exactly what you said above...acquired an arm...or two or three. Thank god packer season is here.

Salvage day tomorrow with an offense that might not be able hit a ball off a tee.

Yelich and Hiura have done very little this week and nobody is picking them up, though Braun has tried to do his part.

This is looking much more like a team ready to collapse completely than to suddenly win 8 out of 10.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

You said this a page ago....Would have been a good spot for a guy like Houser had an arm been acquired at the deadline. But you do you, Stearns.

No, he should NOT have sold, what he should have done is exactly what you said above...acquired an arm...or two or three. Thank god packer season is here.

Wish we could have gotten Roark.

Stearns will long regret that I believe as well. Could have some good pieces moving forward for Grandal and Moustakas.

We have scored one run today. Are the three arms you're acquiring Shohei Ohtani and his two clones?

Yes, if he wasn’t going to sell, he should have bought.. anything. But this teams a stinker and that was my point in the sell thread. Could have at least gotten a few guys we could turn into currency in the off season. Being stuck in mediocreville is the worst thing he can do and he’s doing it.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And a couple bats as well? This offense just isn’t scoring

Wonder if he wanted to and Attanasio vetoed him. Or if he was on vacation and left it to Doug Melvin to handle things.

Salvage day tomorrow with an offense that might not be able hit a ball off a tee.

Yelich and Hiura have done very little this week and nobody is picking them up, though Braun has tried to do his part.

This is looking much more like a team ready to collapse completely than to suddenly win 8 out of 10.

The brewers are a bad team and have been for awhile. As soon as people come to that realization the better off everyone will be

One thing I have been disappointed in this year is it relates to the Cubs is I was hoping the crew would have a swagger against them after last year. Unfortunately it still feels like the Cubs expect to beat the brewers when they play. Can't really say why it just feels that way. In the end they have more talent and that trumps everything but was hoping last year would carry over. It hasn't.

One thing I have been disappointed in this year is it relates to the Cubs is I was hoping the crew would have a swagger against them after last year. Unfortunately it still feels like the Cubs expect to beat the brewers when they play. Can't really say why it just feels that way. In the end they have more talent and that trumps everything but was hoping last year would carry over. It hasn't.

I think it’s because they have an actual starting rotation and a deep lineup. Their pen is questionable but what’s not is that they are the better,

More talented team. Last year was nice but I thought the same thing then too. Momentum is a helluva drug.

Honestly at this point, just DFA Chacin, stretch out Burnes and leave him in the rotation, put Faria in the rotation, and just ride out the season.

That seems way too much like a plan, which appears to be the last thing they want this year...

Honestly at this point, just DFA Chacin, stretch out Burnes and leave him in the rotation, put Faria in the rotation, and just ride out the season.

If it gets to the point we’re eliminated, I really want to see Burnes, Houser, Peralta finish the year in the rotation.

Archived