Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-02: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers lose, 6-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This trade deadline was one of the worst I can remember for us in recent history IMO. I have loved Stearns' moves in the past mostly, but I think he had a terrible deadline. Normally I am anywhere between thrilled like in '16, or at least satisfied like '17 and '18.

We did not get better for this year, and we did not reload for the future. It's pretty puzzling to me.

My beef is that the guys we have traded for are not being used. I mean, what was the point?

It was a soft sell; trading major leaguers for prospects and quantity for quality for depth. See: Your Milwaukee Brewers ‘96-2000s

Wait, what prospects did we trade for?

Exit velocities against Davies today

That's kind of amazing. Wait, is that in order of when it happened?

No, I just ordered it neatly for my OCD. :laughing

Wonder when Cain is going to stop trying to hit home runs? Such a disappointment this season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wonder when Cain is going to stop trying to hit home runs? Such a disappointment this season.

There are so many disappointments. You can argue every single hitter not named Yelich is worse than last year, and every single pitcher not named Woodruff is worse than last year. That isn’t survivable. A team like this needs growth, and there’s been none of it this year.

Jesus got on base 4 times yesterday for the Rays against the Red Sox yesterday in his first action with his new team!

Where's Faria?

Minors. Black too.

My point is they should be here ... we don't need to keep seeing these same slumping pitchers, do we?

How has Jeffress not "hurt" an oblique yet?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jesus got on base 4 times yesterday for the Rays against the Red Sox yesterday in his first action with his new team!

Where's Faria?

Makes the deadline deals more awkward when you realize 2/3 of your acquisitions are assigned to the minors in exchange for an MLB player and a guy who could be the backup shortstop instead of Travis Shaw.

How has Jeffress not "hurt" an oblique yet?

Gotta figure if they see absolutely anything from Faria or Black, they’ll make a move like that soon, but I should probably stop pretending like I know what’s going on. We’re all just along for the ride.

It will be really interesting to see where we are a year from now. A year ago, we were looking at Stearns like he was gold. Right now, I think a lot of opinions are changing and maybe rightfully so.

My point is they should be here ... we don't need to keep seeing these same slumping pitchers, do we?

If you sent every guy down after a couple bad outings, you wouldn't have anyone left in the bullpen.....

Are you enjoying Jeffress this season?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Where's Faria?

Makes the deadline deals more awkward when you realize 2/3 of your acquisitions are assigned to the minors in exchange for an MLB player and a guy who could be the backup shortstop instead of Travis Shaw.

I didn't get it either. The bullpen literally sucks. You traded for two guys with live arms, yet they are stashed in AAA? It's almost like we are watching different games than the front office sometimes.

Please keep this at 5-1 and give us a punchers chance.

Yes most of the Players took a step back the Hitters as well as some of the pitching.

The brewers gambled on the 3 Young arms and only one came through in the rotation.

They also never found a suitable replacement for Knebel which was really big.

Seemed they lacked any plan b for any of these issues.

Archived