Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Hiura saves Anderson there. Chapman-Olson-Davis just seemed like a dinger was coming. Throw in a HBP and 2 hard hit balls near Hiura and I'm happy to get out of that inning.

Hate to be greedy but that sucked. Brewers should be up about 7-1, but instead they need their bullpen B team to be near perfect to scrape out a win.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Why?? Why do so many of the Brewer hitters seemingly swing at the first pitch with RISP this year??

Baseball term is hijacking. If a hitter thinks the only fastball he is going to see in at bat will be that first pitch... the best chance to get the ball in play to (conceivably) score runs is to hijack the at bat and send it somewhere. When it works it is a free run or more. When it doesn't work it is supremely maddening.

Corey Hart was a huge hijacker in those situations. Arcia is as well.

Three straight days for Guerra.

Odds on keeping the ball in the park for a whole inning?

Not only would more runs make this game more comfortable, but it might have helped save the pen a little for the Cubs series.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived