Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one should seriously consider playing Shaw at this point either. Is that really an opinion? He’s awful this year. We can’t score runs as is. He shouldn’t be on the major league roster for a competing team. I guess the arguments are getting more pointless and irrational as the team drags on. I get giving him a fresh start next year but really?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

C'mon Yellie...run it out at least a little bit and you could easily be on 2nd

Probably not. If he’s running hard he is going to be headed down the line. If the catcher is backing up the throw he would have a hard time reaching second.

Maybe seeing he had time to throw caused Profar to lollipop it.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I picked Semien for Beat the Streak today. Two walks. Got me thinking. Supposed you are at 56 games and picked a guy against the Brewers, or just a guy from the Cubs or Cardinals. It's the last game of the season and it comes down to that guy's final AB for the $5.6 million, lol. Now ignoring that you put yourself in the position, would you want the $5.6 million to knock the Brewers out of the playoffs? I know my answer.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The ole swinging bunt.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I picked Semien for Beat the Streak today. Two walks. Got me thinking. Supposed you are at 56 games and picked a guy against the Brewers, or just a guy from the Cubs or Cardinals. It's the last game of the season and it comes down to that guy's final AB for the $5.6 million, lol. Now ignoring that you put yourself in the position, would you want the $5.6 million to knock the Brewers out of the playoffs? I know my answer.

Call me greedy all you want, I'd take the money without a 2nd thought. And that's knowing I would probably only see 50-60% of it by the time the government got their hands on it.

Call me greedy all you want, I'd take the money without a 2nd thought. And that's knowing I would probably only see 50-60% of it by the time the government got their hands on it.

Lol, same. I read the fine print the other day. It's about $187k pre-tax if you take the 30 year annuity and $3.2m if you take the lump sum.

Lol, same. I read the fine print the other day. It's about $187k pre-tax if you take the 30 year annuity and $3.2m if you take the lump sum.

Lump sum all the way. Take the money and run.

Not like this is anything new, but the Brewers are hardly taking maximum advantage of their scoring chances.

Yelich has looked pretty bad at the plate the last few days. A lot of late swings on balls he could drive and rolling over and dribbling balls to the right side.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I haven't noticed the drumming today. Perhaps the drummers have day jobs?

Hippies don't work! But it is 2 pm, so some of them may still be sleeping.

Hippie math:

Hacky sack and weed in the parking lot > drumming inside the stadium

I haven't noticed the drumming today. Perhaps the drummers have day jobs?

Hippies don't work! But it is 2 pm, so some of them may still be sleeping.

Chants of Over rated when Yelich bats make up for it.

Moose is 2 for 3 today, not bad for a slumping hitter...

He’s a slumping hitter. A bunt and a 2 out, nobody on single to left doesn’t change that.

The fact that he is bunting with a runner on base and 2 outs tells me that he knows he is struggling.

In July, his line was .205/.276/.386/.662. Not what the Brewers need from one of their big hitters.

Archived