Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bases loaded nobody out situation once again is killer. Lucky to even score one run. You can't win like this. Nothing has been done to change it.

[sarcasm]Oh, cool, so you sit in on the meetings with the hitting coach, then? What are those like?[/sarcasm]

Good response. My bad. They have made strides and now are great in these spots.

I’m just baffled when fans assume professionals who live and breathe this game—players and coaches—are doing nothing to work on the holes in their game. I mean, really? Complain about results, sure, but it looked like you were saying they were twiddling their thumbs in batting practice and pregame prep...

Wait, Jackson is still here? And 2/3 of our new acquisitions are in AAA?

Right?? Crazy

It tells you how much they're really worth to us for making a run this year, no matter how much we try to rationalize them as good deals.

In Counsell’s defense, maybe he saw the Quintana-Davies matchup tomorrow and figured Hader would be of no use to him anyway.

I wonder if the Cubs’ TBA on Saturday will be Hamels coming off the IL.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

In Counsell’s defense, maybe he saw the Quintana-Davies matchup tomorrow and figured Hader would be of no use to him anyway.

I wonder if the Cubs’ TBA on Saturday will be Hamels coming off the IL.

I'd almost guarantee it, because of course, it's a series against the Crew, and Maddon would be running scared with the Crew already not having to see Lester or Hendricks.

My point is there hasn't been any accountability. Braun hitting 3 all year despite not being able to put a ball in play most of the time just one example. They set a tone early that there were going to be lousy doing the little things to score runs. Nothing changed all year long and it's going to cost them a postseason spot.

It's easier to score 2 runs on a walk+HR than it is to load the bases and hit a single.

This is like the urtext of sabermetrics.

This is true, and it sucks. Well, sabermetrics is what it is (it can't suck, it's just numbers)...it's the truth that sucks and makes for boring baseball.

Move the fences waaaayyy back and don't count foul balls as strikes. Might get contact back into the game.

It just seems to me no team cashes In Fewer runners on third with zero or one out than Milwaukee

I believe they are the worst. Or they were. But that might have changed. At this point who cares. Our bullpen sucks

This is exactly what I was getting at. I guess they are trying hard so no big deal to some here.

I guess MAYBE not using Pomeranz makes sense, if he's assuming he will need him to be the long man after Davies almost assuredly gets shelled early tomorrow. But even still, could have/should have manged the BP situation MUCH better in that inning.

It's easier to score 2 runs on a walk+HR than it is to load the bases and hit a single.

This is like the urtext of sabermetrics.

This is true, and it sucks. Well, sabermetrics is what it is (it can't suck, it's just numbers)...it's the truth that sucks and makes for boring baseball.[/quote

No arguments from me on this point. I wonder how long it will take MLB to figure this out? It seems they can’t move past the “dingerz=eyeballs” business model.

Archived