Yelich RF

Moose SS

Braun LF

Grandal C

Thames 1B

Grisham CF

Shaw 3B

P

*Put Hiura and Yelich together EARLY in the lineup and let's get a LEAD for a change!!!

*Start Moose at SS and give it a shot.

*Play Grisham and give Cain some time off for now. He isn't hitting.

*Bring in Arcia or Cain as one of the first pinch hitters for the SP-leave him in if we have the lead for their defense. Pull Shaw or Grisham for the new pitcher. Move Moose to 3B.

* Lean on our new relievers and Hader to get a win!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If those McCalvy tweets are accurate that is a lot of reason for encouragement. With just over a year to go on the contract before the buyout Braun can still be useful in an intentional part time role (instead of the years of injury created part time play). There is a lot to be said for going out gracefully. He outlasted Hart, Hardy, and Fielder.

Idk about that, they must be expecting HUGE things, no one wanted to deal him, and now they want him to start at least three times a week, you'd think he's the next Ken Griffey Jr right??

If people were expecting Ken Griffey Jr you'd see them clamoring for more than 3 starts a week. Get a grip.

Seriously. Get a grip is exactly what I was going to say.

Slowing the Grisham hype train would probably be healthy for a few people around these parts, but CC’s got a big old shovel full of coal for the fire box:

We’re trying to get a player that’s playing really well and inject him into our big-league roster. He’s playing his butt off right now. What he’s been doing at Triple-A since he got there is out-of-this-world-type stuff. It’s like the stuff Yelich was doing last year, basically. Maybe even a little better. So we’ve taken note of it.

The better than Yelich part sounds awesome, but I don’t like the sound of Grisham losing his butt. The glutes are a pretty important muscle group, and so a search party should be dispatched immediately to return Grisham’s butt. He’s going to need that.

Surprising. Thought for sure they'd wait until September. They must really like the kid.

Agreed, I take it as a very positive sign that they believe in him enough to give him this opportunity a month earlier than expected.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Look, I hope like heck the kid comes up and rakes like Hiura, that will only help the Brewers down the stretch...I'd be as happy as anyone of that happens, but some of you seem like you are ready to sink or swim with him the rest of the year. I won't go that far...he's a rookie, getting his first big league experience...if he doesn't produce, you HAVE to have a short leash with him...they are in the middle of a pennant race here(it seems like some of you just want to punt on that, and look towards next year), it's an awful lot to ask of a rookie to come in and make a HUGE difference for them, you can't afford to throw away games looking at a kid that if struggling, isn't helping you any right now.

Slowing the Grisham hype train would probably be healthy for a few people around these parts, but CC’s got a big old shovel full of coal for the fire box:

We’re trying to get a player that’s playing really well and inject him into our big-league roster. He’s playing his butt off right now. What he’s been doing at Triple-A since he got there is out-of-this-world-type stuff. It’s like the stuff Yelich was doing last year, basically. Maybe even a little better. So we’ve taken note of it.

The better than Yelich part sounds awesome, but I don’t like the sound of Grisham losing his butt. The glutes are a pretty important muscle group, and so a search party should be dispatched immediately to return Grisham’s butt. He’s going to need that.

[sarcasm]A little disappointed that I’ve only seen the hope here range from Ken Griffey Jr. to better than Yelich (via CC).

Let’s aim a little higher. Is it not obvious to everyone that he has the Mike Trout neck?[/sarcasm]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

[sarcasm]"Trent Grisham is a little better than Yelich." - Craig Counsell, July 31, 2019[/sarcasm]

Look, I hope like heck the kid comes up and rakes like Hiura, that will only help the Brewers down the stretch...I'd be as happy as anyone of that happens, but some of you seem like you are ready to sink or swim with him the rest of the year. I won't go that far...he's a rookie, getting his first big league experience...if he doesn't produce, you HAVE to have a short leash with him...they are in the middle of a pennant race here(it seems like some of you just want to punt on that, and look towards next year), it's an awful lot to ask of a rookie to come in and make a HUGE difference for them, you can't afford to throw away games looking at a kid that if struggling, isn't helping you any right now.

I've literally not seen anyone say he's expected to do that. You just keep pretending everybody is.

But if you trade away a ton of prospects always chasing mediocre NOWS you'll never graduate anyone.

They have played Shaw 61 games this year.

They have played Aguilar 94 games this year.

They let Burnes pitch 46 innings (and it seems longer than that)

They sent Hiura BACK DOWN!

If Grisham has 40 awful ABs (8 games) he'll be 1/10th of the problem that Aguilar and Shaw were. If he's miserable for 2 weeks... again he's still 1/10th of the problem that Aguilar and Shaw were. He's likely to make a minuscule difference. Aguilar Braun Gamel to Grisham Braun Gamel isn't going to make a huge difference, or do huge damage.

Can't be worse than Shaw has been and a good long look let's us know what Braun should be practicing in the offseason. Maybe a move to 1st would make him more open to a trade.

Glad to see them being aggressive with deserving players - guess the farm system is now ranked 35th somehow...although he was only their 6th or 7th rated prospect so it won't hurt too much.

After he graduates, we will be ranked below some AAA teams.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I find it odd that you wanted to trade for Thor or Greinke or but don't think our #1 prospect is very good. Who do you think we would be trading to get those stud pitchers?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

With the way everyone here slobbers all over him, I sure as hell hope there are ZERO excuses if he doesn't take off instantly the way Hiura has. I've followed him as much as everyone else, with his numbers(which so many are slobbering all over in AAA yet, saying you can't use AAA #'s as a gauge of anything for other Brewers) I'm expecting Ken Griffey Jr. No less, that's the way so many here talk about him so...

Why so combative? We are all Brewer fans here.

I've literally not seen anyone say he's expected to do that. You just keep pretending everybody is.

Here, here...

Let's just say he is deserving to play quite a bit while our offense is struggling. He gets a chance, and if he is Hiura's sequel, we run with it.

Grisham is underrated by the media ranking services. Trammell was just traded by the Reds as the supposed 30th ranked prospect. Even if that’s unrealistic, Grisham has a considerably better hit tool and there’s only one year age gap. Trammell may have more raw athleticism, but there’s not a skill set that’s more overrated in baseball than raw athleticism.

Grisham was drafted fifteenth overall out of high school and the draft pedigree is a good indicator. In any sport, if you look at a five star recruit out of high school, he bears watching. Grisham is probably a top 30 prospect in some scouts’ eyes, regardless of what the media thinks.

We had fans who wanted to trade Hiura for middling major leaguers, and I tried to warn them we are looking at a kid who could get 3000 hits some day. How stupid would you feel if Hiura got 3000 hits and we traded him for two years of JT Realmuto? Really? People are probably seeing the light on that now.

Grisham is probably not at the Hiura level, but he’s a top prospect, and you don’t hand those guys off without a big payoff. There’s a parallel to the proposed deals last year involving Hiura.

Grisham lf (lefty)

Hiura 2b (righty)

Yelich rf (lefty)

Grandal C (switch)

Moose 3b (lefty)

Braun 1b (righty)

Cain (right)

Pitcher

Arcia ss (right)

With the way everyone here slobbers all over him, I sure as hell hope there are ZERO excuses if he doesn't take off instantly the way Hiura has. I've followed him as much as everyone else, with his numbers(which so many are slobbering all over in AAA yet, saying you can't use AAA #'s as a gauge of anything for other Brewers) I'm expecting Ken Griffey Jr. No less, that's the way so many here talk about him so...

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Best line-up RIGHT NOW

Hiura 2B

Yelich RF

Moose SS

Braun LF

Grandal C

Thames 1B

Grisham CF

Shaw 3B

P

*Put Hiura and Yelich together EARLY in the lineup and let's get a LEAD for a change!!!

*Start Moose at SS and give it a shot.

*Play Grisham and give Cain some time off for now. He isn't hitting.

*Bring in Arcia or Cain as one of the first pinch hitters for the SP-leave him in if we have the lead for their defense. Pull Shaw or Grisham for the new pitcher. Move Moose to 3B.

* Lean on our new relievers and Hader to get a win!

Moustakas would give up twice as many runs on D as he would contribute on offense. He was a below avg. 2B and obviously would be the worst SS in MLB. Pitchers would hate the move. You can't just insert a guy at SS and expect major lg. results. He doesn't have the range nor the quickness needed to play SS. Shaw has shown nothing this season. Arcia is hitting better than Shaw and offers infinitely better defense to the team.

Archived