Brewer Fanatic

Luiz Gohara

WANT!

Braves designated LHP Luiz Gohara for assignment.

Gohara was once a promising prospect for Atlanta, but the 23-year-old southpaw holds a 5.33 ERA in 49 career major league innings and he has struggled with shoulder issues for much of this season. Still, he could certainly attract interest from other teams on waivers.

Jul 31, 2019, 5:32 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yet another Braves overhyped pitching prospect. There is definitely a trend there which has led to them going out and grabbing every outside arm they can find.

I mean, the guy is 21 years old.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yet another Braves overhyped pitching prospect. There is definitely a trend there which has led to them going out and grabbing every outside arm they can find.

And dealing with injury issues all season. Approach with caution...

He'll still have an option next year after coming off shoulder surgery. Unless that was a serious Jimmy Nelson style injury I'm struggling to see how 20-25 clubs DON'T put in a waiver claim for him. No way he gets to the Brewers.

And dealing with injury issues all season. Approach with caution...

Because the downside is... not having a roster spot for Donnie Hart? Burch Smith? Stokes? Tyrone Taylor? Aaron Wilkerson?

He'll still have an option next year after coming off shoulder surgery. Unless that was a serious Jimmy Nelson style injury I'm struggling to see how 20-25 clubs DON'T put in a waiver claim for him. No way he gets to the Brewers.

Goes through the NL first, good chance that one of the 8 teams below the Brewers claim him but not impossible.

Just turned 23. Like literally the day this thread was posted. That's still plenty young for me to be interested in a talented young arm. The Brewers take a lot of chances on a lot less......

Goes through the NL first, good chance that one of the 8 teams below the Brewers claim him but not impossible.

I saw on trade rumors the league no longer matters and it's pure record now, except for ties.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Just turned 23. Like literally the day this thread was posted. That's still plenty young for me to be interested in a talented young arm. The Brewers take a lot of chances on a lot less......

Agreed...

I'd grab him up and not even think twice about it...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I mean if you're gonna grab Shelby Miller and Drew Smyly you may as well take a shot at this guy.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I mean if you're gonna grab Shelby Miller and Drew Smyly you may as well take a shot at this guy.

You're right! What could it hurt? See if there is anything to salvage and maybe get lucky. The Brewers could use a little luck, especially with their pitching.

There must be some other issues other than whatever Joe Blow fans like us know. If he was 26 or if he was out of options then I see why he might slip through, but a 23 year old? I don't get it.

I believe he had "conditioning" or weight issues going in to last year that led to either an injury or the Braves just starting him in the minors to get in shape. It doesn't look like he's pitched at all this year. I'd assume that means his shoulder is pretty messed up and no one wanted to waste a 40 man spot on him.

Archived