Brewer Fanatic

Dubon to SF for Pomeranz and Black

torts

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay fine...but you still couldn't have done ANY better than Jordan Lyles for nearly any cost?? Tanner Roark?? Anyone?? And now it looks like Houser moves into the rotation...that didn't go well the first time he was thrust into being a starter.

5 innings of 1 run, 3 hit ball wasn’t good enough for you last night?

Okay fine...but you still couldn't have done ANY better than Jordan Lyles for nearly any cost?? Tanner Roark?? Anyone?? And now it looks like Houser moves into the rotation...that didn't go well the first time he was thrust into being a starter.

We have 30 days with guys probably getting sent up-and-down a lot + bullpen ball before we play extreme bullpen ball in September.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Probably not the best time to bash Houser starting coming off a terrific outing against a very good lineup. You are grasping at straws now. Take a deep breath and relax.

Edited by Joey Meyer Bombs

I think I can give the FO some more slack on this one. They have proven that they know what they have in the minors well enough to deal guys they aren’t going to miss. I can’t think of a Stearns trade involving prospects that shipped out a guy I really wish was still in Milwaukee. I think some may be reading a bit too much into Dubon’s ranking (which is wildly subjective, and diluted by a weak overall system in the minors right now) and AAA numbers (that are clearly inflated across the board). I don’t think he had nearly as much value in the eyes of other GM’s as he does around here, and we likely would have been disappointed by the return just about any team gave us—but that’s just speculation on my part.

In the end, Dubon was a cool story, but not a cornerstone, and maybe not even an average regular player. To those who fear he was our last hope of replacing Arcia for years, I say no, there is another...

Turang.jpg

I can believe he said it & I can believe people bought it before seeing the actual deal.

That is the whole point of playing people's emotions for internet clicks.

I totally get the name of the game is clicks and journalistic integrity is all but dead. But man it’s still irritating and frankly disappointing when he darn well knew what he was doing on today of all days. Edited by MilwaukeeBeers

What do you know that we don't? You seem to be the most mad about everything so obviously you have some kind of inside info that Tanner Roark was available to us at a reduced price and Stearns said no or something? Did the Mets offer Thor for Dubon and Supak and we turned it down? What do you know that we don't?

I can believe he said it & I can believe people bought it before seeing the actual deal.

That is the whole point of playing people's emotions for internet clicks.

I totally get the name of the game is clicks and journalistic integrity is all but dead. But man it’s still irritating and frankly disappointing when he darn well knew what he was doing on today of all days.

Integrity is all but dead.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Brewers should trade all their bad players for some really, really good ones. Surprised Stearns hasn't thought of this.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator
The baseball trade values site won't even let you make this trade. Fascinating

Here is their Tweet on the trade...

The #Giants trade of LHP Drew Pomeranz (-$0.5M) and Ray Black ($1.0M) to the #Brewers for SS Mauricio Dubon ($5.8M) is rejected by our system.

We could be low on Black and/or high on Dubon, but on the surface this seems like an overpay by Milwaukee.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Probably not the best time to bash Houser starting coming off a terrific outing against a very good lineup. You are grasping at straws now. Take a deep breath and relax.

1 good start...1... how were his other ones earlier?? Note the difference between his bullpen/starter ERA. This is the same Adrian Houser that everyone here wanted moved back to the pen.

I'm puzzled why people are so down on Arcia. He's younger than Dubon (by a month...).

Probably because he’s in his 4th year at the Major league level. Still looks lost at the plate. Was our top prospect at one point. And he has a career OBP below 300

1 good start...1... how were his other ones earlier?? Note the difference between his bullpen/starter ERA. This is the same Adrian Houser that everyone here wanted moved back to the pen.

That last sentence isn't true. At all.

Houser had some growing pains no doubt, but he's shown very good stuff and has a future in the rotation. Again ... you need to calm down.

Community Moderator

I didn't necessarily have high hopes for Dubon, but I am surprised they couldn't get more value for him then this trade. I appreciate that we can squint and hope these guys are more then what they've been (or at least the best version of what they've been in small windows), but I certainly wouldn't bet on either of them to serve as a significant difference maker down the stretch.

It seems like if August waiver trades were still allowed this deal wouldn't have been made today.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The brewers FO like Arcia and are going with him and with the 3 arms added the last two days for the Pen does that move Freddie into the rotation with Houser ? I also have to think Lyles gets one start before he moves into the Pen.

I think the Peralta starting this season ship has sailed. I obviously could be wrong, but I think he's in the pen for good from here out. He'll get another shot as a starter next year.

I really couldn't care less because I don't think Dubon is going to do a thing in the majors.

agreed, and since our return was so low, I don't think any other team thinks he will be worth anything either.

*sigh*

Disappointing.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS