Brewer Fanatic

Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jake Faria to MIL

Reminder that part of getting Faria is probably getting some info on how the Rays develop their pitchers. They are a team that's better than most at developing arms. I also generally like Faria's stuff and I think he'll do fine for us. He was a starter so can certainly be used in a multi-inning relief type role.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reminder that part of getting Faria is probably getting some info on how the Rays develop their pitchers. They are a team that's better than most at developing arms. I also generally like Faria's stuff and I think he'll do fine for us. He was a starter so can certainly be used in a multi-inning relief type role.

Matt Arnold spent 8 years with the Rays before coming to Milwaukee. I'm sure he knows enough about how the Rays develop pitchers.

What about Faria impressed you? Last two years: 5.40/5.08 FIP - 6.75 ERA and FIP. 4 walks per 9 IPs. Nothing he's done says he'll be anything better than what he has been for the last two years. I doubt Stearns keeps him.

Archived