Brewer Fanatic

Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jake Faria to MIL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 months to go, just stick with a consistent lineup with a short bench. Play your starters these last 2 months and maybe they get on a collective roll. Give Braun his usual rest, but don’t mess with anything else. We still have a very talented group of hitters. They will have to carry this team to as far as they go.

If only we had traded Aguilar this past winter.

Yep. Missed the boat. Just glad we did it now.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wasn’t expecting much, but we’re the Brewers actually sort of soft sellers at the deadline?

They got Lyles out of absolute necessity. They traded Dubon and Aguilar who will immediately go o their acquiring teams’ big league rosters for a rental swingman who hasn’t been good for in a couple years and two minor league relievers.

I like this move. I could see Faria as a starter next year, or if not, a very competent bullpen piece. Sad to see Jesus go, but this year's guy is probably the real thing compared to last year. Too bad he couldn't keep up his 1st half 2018 pace. Sad.

I like this move. I could see Faria as a starter next year, or if not, a very competent bullpen piece. Sad to see Jesus go, but this year's guy is probably the real thing compared to last year. Too bad he couldn't keep up his 1st half 2018 pace. Sad.

Faria has shown nothing in the majors or at AAA to suggest he is anything more than a Wilkerson type player. AAAA guy who has little upside. A low,low,low level move by Stearns.

Faria has shown nothing in the majors or at AAA to suggest he is anything more than a Wilkerson type player. AAAA guy who has little upside. A low,low,low level move by Stearns.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/fariaja01.shtml

2017 Faria says hello.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Faria is a Packer fan. So...there's that.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

2017 Faria says hello.

Don't bother. This guy finds a way to hate everything the team does.

2017 Faria says hello.

In addition to a solid 2017, look at his 2018 game log. Reminds me a lot of Peralta. Sure it might be a high ERA on the surface but it was either 5-6 innings of 1 run or less or hit hard. However, it's not like he was giving up 8 runs in 2 innings every time he was hit hard. It looks like he didn't have a long leash and was pulled a few times after giving up a few runs and getting into trouble. If you let him finish those innings, maybe he works out of it and that "3 runs in 2.2 innings" turns into 3 runs in 6 innings. Of course the opposite is true and he could have given up even more runs.

But if you said you could trade Aguilar for another Freddy Peralta, would you do it? It looks like that may be what we've done.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• 3 months later...
I want Faria to make the team and be a valuable contributor next season. In the end, this was a straight up one-for-one for two fringe guys. It would be cool to see the Brewers get the better end of it.

As more FAs get signed away from Milwaukee, Faria becomes a possibility. He was so bad last year I didn't think there was any way Stearns even had Faria on his radar. I still believe he is gone or signed to a minor lg. deal, but time will tell.

Archived