Brewer Fanatic

Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jake Faria to MIL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Jacob Faria is a player I've mentioned a couple of times that I hoped the Brewers might take a chance on. I think he has the potential to develop into a good MLB starter or reliever, has obviously had some setbacks.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Faria is controllable, and looks like he has some upside. Interesting bullpen piece, although he did start 14 games for the Rays in 2017 and was very effective. Not so successful in 2018, which I assume prompted the bullpen shift (plus, Tampa gets more creative with their pitching staff than most clubs). I’m intrigued.

Omg thank you for your service, Jesus!! Welcome Jacob!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Seems fine to me. MLB ready pitcher who can help right now. I'd guess they keep Shaw up now and will deal with Thames playing vs lefties since he's been OK at it this year.

Some of that, but they'll also put Grandal at 1B and Pina behind the dish vs LHP.

*puke* I hope this isn't all they do today. Yuck, yuck, and more yuck.

I don't get what is so "yucky" about this move?

Think it's a good change of scenary/needs trade for both contending clubs.

I like the ceiling and control of the return. This is the type of trade I’ve been hoping for.

Seeing some of the proposals for Leake type players scare me a bit.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Seems fine to me. MLB ready pitcher who can help right now. I'd guess they keep Shaw up now and will deal with Thames playing vs lefties since he's been OK at it this year.

That's a bit dangerous as it's only in 35 plate appearances.

He's 7/27 with 7 walks and 1 HR. The walks are nice but in such a small sample, say a few of the liners found gloves was 5/27...that's a .185 batting average instead of .260. Of course you could take it the other way and say, "what if he was 9/27" but we've got a lot of data to suggest he generally can't hit lefties.

*puke* I hope this isn't all they do today. Yuck, yuck, and more yuck.

Well, Syndergaard's price tag is so high it's driven everyone away, the Giants have no real reason to trade Bumgarner anymore, and Stroman and Bauer have already been traded. Who are you expecting? Which contenders are doing much more than this right now?

Some of that, but they'll also put Grandal at 1B and Pina behind the dish vs LHP.

Oh right that makes sense too with Pina playing well. I'm really surprised they got someone this good/promising for Jesus with how poor he's been this year. Seems like a good deal to me

The problem with Grandal at 1B or using Thames against lefties is that we have a lot of data to say that's not a great idea. Grandal is OK vs. lefties but you generally want someone to mash at 1B.

I'm guessing Braun gets the 1B glove back or there is a call-up or another move coming.

EDIT: I will grant that Grandal is improved against LHP this year and of late.

Archived