Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-31: Brewers (Lyles) at Athletics (Anderson) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Lyles’ redux debut is successful; 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 SO]

Eye Black
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While it is easy to just say Lyles sucks the truth is he was quite good this year until he hurt his hamstring in late May, then he was just awful. There is actually a decent chance that he is an ok pitcher who just got hurt. He had a 3.64 ERA and 3.71 FIP before he got hurt. 11.50 ERA, 8.73 FIP since the injury.

Based on ~1.5 games viewed, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the A's defense is top 5 in all of baseball - they've flashed some serious leather

I'd agree, but say more things like this because it worked. If you hadn't typed this Grossman would have snagged that too.

For those of you who don’t know

Before MC Hammer was MC Hammer he worked for the A’s. And he got the nickname hammer because they thought he looked like hank Aaron

Did he work his way slowly into the official A's role playing drums?

No. I think he just danced to them.

Oakland needs an Mc Hammer night. Make the players play in those pants. That would kick ass

Went back and watched the Grandal ball in slow motion and it looks like the ball may have touch the wall before (or at least simultaneously as) Grossman “snow coned” it with his glove.

They gave a side view... I don't see it.

For those of you who don’t know

Before MC Hammer was MC Hammer he worked for the A’s. And he got the nickname hammer because they thought he looked like hank Aaron

Did he work his way slowly into the official A's role playing drums?

No. I think he just danced to them.

Oakland needs an Mc Hammer night. Make the players play in those pants. That would kick ass

They had one a couple years ago, and gave away an MC Hammer bobblehead...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Went back and watched the Grandal ball in slow motion and it looks like the ball may have touch the wall before (or at least simultaneously as) Grossman “snow coned” it with his glove.

They gave a side view... I don't see it.

Yeah, you’re probably right. The side view makes it look more like he was still a foot from the the wall.

48427943891_c02f92c3b5_c.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Braun's K% and BB% have been pretty steady over his career. They took a small hit last season and a much bigger hit this season. It is definitely more of a recent trend and not a long term one. This season has been a clear outlier for his plate discipline and my guess is it will stick and not just be a one season thing.

His plate discipline doesn't effect his K rate. He hits junk softly. To walk, you have to take at least 4 pitches. He's seen 5 total tonight.

Braun's hard hit% the past 2 seasons are career highs, his soft hit% is the lowest of his career this season, this simply is not the case. He has hit the ball on the ground a little bit more which is an issue though. It isn't extreme and again it is just in the past year and a half. The concept that this is a long term trend simply is not true.

Braun's K% and BB% have been pretty steady over his career. They took a small hit last season and a much bigger hit this season. It is definitely more of a recent trend and not a long term one. This season has been a clear outlier for his plate discipline and my guess is it will stick and not just be a one season thing.

His plate discipline doesn't effect his K rate. He hits junk softly. To walk, you have to take at least 4 pitches. He's seen 5 total tonight.

Braun's hard hit% the past 2 seasons are career highs, his soft hit% is the lowest of his career this season, this simply is not the case. He has hit the ball on the ground a little bit more which is an issue though. It isn't extreme and again it is just in the past year and a half. The concept that this is a long term trend simply is not true.

I’m not ripping Braun. But I call BS. No way does Braun hit the ball harder now then in his juicing years. No way

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So how's this for a piece of trivia? The four current members the the Brewers starting rotation were on the roster at the end of last season. Three of them (Anderson, Davies and Lyles) weren't deemed good enough to make the playoff roster, while the 4th (Houser), didn't even warrant a call-up during roster expansion despite being on the 40 man. My how times have changed.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Between Albers and Claudio, does the eye test tell you any two pitchers in the league give up more loud contact? Just sayin'.

My eye test (when I'm watching) tells me Claudio gives up a ton of bloopers and bleeders that fall in or just evade gloves.

Could be wrong.... Perceptions are often wrong.

This is absolutely stunning because I watch a lot of games with the game cast on to see pitch location after the fact. He's had prolonged bouts of swinging at garbage for at least the last 3 years where he went in the tank. The moment he started taking bad pitches he got hot.

Archived