Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-31: Brewers (Lyles) at Athletics (Anderson) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Lyles’ redux debut is successful; 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 SO]

Eye Black
*** Braun. He swings at garbage

Careful. I don't want to you get flamed like I did.

Here I'll pull the attention onto me.

Braun has been the 4th best hitter at best in this lineup all year. Yet he bats 3rd.

Vs RHP its 5th... lately 6th. He still bats 3rd.

He is capable of plate discipline and for some reason swings at crap like Perez for bouts of time.

When he actually waits for a pitch to hit he gets hot.

Guy seems like a primadonna frankly.

:laughing Guy lives in your brain, rent free, just the way he likes it.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some guys are just not fast runners. Orlando certainly doesn't dog it on the basepaths, he just isn't fast.

Nobody was as slow as jj hardy

This is true.

Every member of the Molina family says hi.

Lyles looks like a very confident pitcher out there tonight. Working quickly - good command of his big sweeping curve ball. Pleasantly surprised. I missed the first couple innings, but nice 4th and 5th frames.

Lyles is going to be like Chacin with his offspeed. Throw it until the arm falls off.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Careful. I don't want to you get flamed like I did.

Here I'll pull the attention onto me.

Braun has been the 4th best hitter at best in this lineup all year. Yet he bats 3rd.

Vs RHP its 5th... lately 6th. He still bats 3rd.

He is capable of plate discipline and for some reason swings at crap like Perez for bouts of time.

When he actually waits for a pitch to hit he gets hot.

Guy seems like a primadonna frankly.

:laughing Guy lives in your brain, rent free, just the way he likes it.

I don't think he cares a whole lot about anyone but him.

That's half blue.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This I do agree with. His plate discipline has taken a step back this year.

THIS YEAR? Come on. Its been like that for a few years.

This is the first year I've noticed it ... but perhaps it just seems more pronounced. Its almost like he sometimes decides before the pitch is even thrown that he's going to swing, location be damned. It sucks, because when he's patient, he can still look like Braun circa 2011.

Alright, since I was curious, I looked up the real clutch stats for Braun. For his career, in 2 outs RISP situations he has a .912 OPS. This year? .970! He is clutch. It’s science. ;)

Yes, but he didn’t get a hit in his second AB tonight. So he is crap!

Other than the Yankees, the A’s have the best unis in baseball

I love when they wear the all whites with white shoes. No pinstripes or piping, just clean white.

These light green ones from tonight and tomorrow and nice too.

Total recall is such a kick ass movie. Very close between that and Predator as Schwarzenegger best movie

It certainly did not age well and I'm not saying that just because the remake was so bad~.

Alright, since I was curious, I looked up the real clutch stats for Braun. For his career, in 2 outs RISP situations he has a .912 OPS. This year? .970! He is clutch. It’s science. ;)

Jesus! We were on such a roll and you decided to bring facts into a good argument.

Every member of the Molina family says hi.

Yeah but they are fat. I’ve never seen a guy with Hardy body type and who actually gets paid to play a sport be that fricking slow. I still don’t understand it

It might not make you understand but go watch Jose Martinez play in the field for the Cardinals. So much body movement and so little progress. Some guys just aren't built to run for some reason.

Total recall is such a kick ass movie. Very close between that and Predator as Schwarzenegger best movie

It certainly did not age well and I'm not saying that just because the remake was so bad~.

The original at least had Sharon Stones boobs.

And it had a girl with 3 boobs....how can you not like a movie with a girl with 3 boobs?

Yes, but he didn’t get a hit in his second AB tonight. So he is crap!

Because it wasn't a joke... because I'm a liar. You say so.

Braun's K% and BB% have been pretty steady over his career. They took a small hit last season and a much bigger hit this season. It is definitely more of a recent trend and not a long term one. This season has been a clear outlier for his plate discipline and my guess is it will stick and not just be a one season thing.

Braun's K% and BB% have been pretty steady over his career. They took a small hit last season and a much bigger hit this season. It is definitely more of a recent trend and not a long term one. This season has been a clear outlier for his plate discipline and my guess is it will stick and not just be a one season thing.

His plate discipline doesn't effect his K rate. He hits junk softly. To walk, you have to take at least 4 pitches. He's seen 5 total tonight.

I don't think he cares a whole lot about anyone but him.

That's half blue.

I would agree with this year’s ago. I think he’s a changed guy. I believe he’s a rock in that clubhouse and has helped connect a lot of those players together. Even today as the world was falling over who we acquired here was Braun on Brewers' moves today: "I think our front office deserves the benefit of the doubt. They’ve been so successful in their short time here. ... They’ve done a phenomenal job of putting us back in the position we’ve been in the past couple of years very quickly."

Archived