Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-31: Brewers (Lyles) at Athletics (Anderson) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Lyles’ redux debut is successful; 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 SO]

Eye Black
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hole Braun with the anti clutch night.

:laughing Just stop. Go back to listing ERA’s or something.

I get he's your hero but he has no business hitting there and I was getting at the fact that he got a hit when it didn't matter and got out with a runner on 3rd.

Orlando is not Grandal level slow, but he certainly isn't as fast as a guy who is 170 pounds soaking wet should be.

Some guys are just not fast runners. Orlando certainly doesn't dog it on the basepaths, he just isn't fast.

Nobody was as slow as jj hardy

I get he's your hero but he has no business hitting there and I was getting at the fact that he got a hit when it didn't matter and got out with a runner on 3rd.

No, you’re spewing your agenda poorly. Has nothing to do with me liking Braun. It’s a crap post.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So when there's 2 outs and nobody on should he just get an out and get the inning over? I'm not sure I follow? All hits matter. They roll the lineup over to get the better hitters more at bats, if nothing else. Your #4 hitter is now hitting with a man on base, if even with 2 outs.

"hits that don't matter" doesn't even make sense, unless the game was 14 to 2 in the 9th inning.

Orlando is not Grandal level slow, but he certainly isn't as fast as a guy who is 170 pounds soaking wet should be.

Some guys are just not fast runners. Orlando certainly doesn't dog it on the basepaths, he just isn't fast.

Nobody was as slow as jj hardy

This is true.

:laughing Maybe come up with better material? Or maybe when it’s warranted? Maybe you’re grumpy Lyles is out there tossing while your boy Wilkerson continues to collect a AAA paycheck. Is that light hearted rubbing enough? What color do I use?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Get over yourself BREW4 it was meant as lighthearted ribbing. Is there a color for that.

Boy you guys are just looking for a fight tonight... :laughing

He wasn't the instigator

Who was? I can't take a jesting jab at Braun?

:laughing Maybe come up with better material? Or maybe when it’s warranted? Maybe you’re grumpy Lyles is out there tossing while your boy Wilkerson continues to collect a AAA paycheck. Is that light hearted rubbing enough? What color do I use?

So let's recap.

I jest at Braun.

You get defensive.

I tell you to get over yourself

You jest at me.

That's the same? Holy crap, you ARE RYAN BRAUN! Or do you just troll people when they don't agree with you? You don't need to answer that, I know the answer.

So let's recap.

I jest at Braun.

You get defensive.

You jest at me.

That's the same? Holy crap, you ARE RYAN BRAUN!

Are you Wilkerson’s agent?!? :laughing Dude, you got called out, and not just by me. And then you tried to spin it like you were just playing around. It’s okay man, take the L and move on with the game. It’s a good one.

So let's recap.

I jest at Braun.

You get defensive.

You jest at me.

That's the same? Holy crap, you ARE RYAN BRAUN! Or do you just troll people when they don't agree with you? You don't need to answer that, I know the answer.

Braun takes a lot of seemingly unnecessary crap for a guy who is still a productive hitter. I'm not a huge Braun guy, but I don't understand the ripping he gets either, so I get where Brew4u is coming from when he gets irked by it. It's not like they are sending Saladino out in the #3 hole.

I was just screwing around. I figured I could joke without someone jumping down my throat. Forgot the climate of this forum.

Secondly, the counter argument that all hits are equal is absurd.

3rd... Team has tried everyone else this year as starter. They've sucked and we stuck with them. Wilkerson has shown decently in his random spot starts over 3 years. That was ignored and they refuse to give him a chance. I hate seeing players who succeed in our system get completely overlooked... only to end up somewhere else and perform.

Feels icky, but hoping the cubs hang on tonight so the brewers have a shot at getting back to within 1 GB of the division lead. Gotta keep that close and hope they keep playing well against the cubs and cards down the stretch.

EWWW...Gross. Cheering for a Cub win.

You probably cheer for satan as well.

Do you think the percussion section sits in the same spot every game, or is it a crapshoot? Can you imagine getting tickets to the game, showing up at the park ready to settle in for some fun, only to realize you’re about to have cowbell drilled into your brain for four hours?

Feels icky, but hoping the cubs hang on tonight so the brewers have a shot at getting back to within 1 GB of the division lead. Gotta keep that close and hope they keep playing well against the cubs and cards down the stretch.

I was thinking the same thing actually, as crappy as it is. If the Brewers are going to be the team to go on a run and pull away, it's important the cluster behind them continues to beat each other up.

Archived