Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-31: Brewers (Lyles) at Athletics (Anderson) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Lyles’ redux debut is successful; 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 SO]

Eye Black
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Lyles for Ponce deal has possibly already paid off. It's going to be pretty cool when at least two of the three hurlers acquired today turn out to me major contributors down the stretch as well. Stearns has made his mistakes, but the guy (or his analytics dept) has a pretty keen sense for identifying pitchers who are diamonds in the rough or guys that may have numbers that indicate they are underperforming.

The Lyles for Ponce deal has possibly already paid off. It's going to be pretty cool when at least two of the three hurlers acquired today turn out to me major contributors down the stretch as well. Stearns has made his mistakes, but the guy (or his analytics dept) has a pretty keen sense for identifying pitchers who are diamonds in the rough or guys that may have numbers that indicate they are underperforming.

Black will be worth it as long as he's willing to throw at Cubs.

We need an enforcer.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

We need an enforcer.

Not unless he goes all out and grows a sweet fu manchu.

We need an enforcer.

Not unless he goes all out and grows a sweet fu manchu.

Add a Mohawk and I'm sold.

So ... our makeshift rotation has done the job so far. Jordan Lyles looked very solid tonight. Sitting easy at 94-95, and that curve was snapping.

Maybe the Crew can catch lightning in a bottle...

They had to have seen something that was worth losing two potential relief pitchers in Ponce (to PIT) and Diplan (to MIN after a DFA).

Will never happen, but I sure wish more MLB stadium playing surfaces will model Oakland's foul territory - not only would it help to rein in offense, but it would also help with foul balls rocketing into the stands right on top of the action.

Nobody makes people sit there. If you can't bring a glove/pay attention etc. make sure to sit someplace safe. The tickets are cheaper too! and would be the same distance away from the field as Oakland's stadium.

If the rest of the stadium was FULL and the "dangerous" seats were cheap and empty you might have point, but it's quite the opposite.

He had to hit to stay here. Brewer's MO has been versatility and Aguilar had none. If he didn't hit ... he just wasn't going to be given a long leash. I can also see him being a nice piece for TB.

Down in FL we get all of the Tampa games so I'll have to keep an eye on Jesus and see how he does. :)

Jesus will keep an eye on you too. :)

Sorry, had to get in the final Jesus joke.

:) I hope he does well up there. ;)

Brewers need to take their walks here. Don’t let this guy off the hook

I wish we walked more, especially when the bases are loaded. Why swing when it is plain the pitcher can't find the plate? Drives me crazy...

Total recall is such a kick ass movie. Very close between that and Predator as Schwarzenegger best movie

It certainly did not age well and I'm not saying that just because the remake was so bad~.

The original at least had Sharon Stones boobs.

And it had a girl with 3 boobs....how can you not like a movie with a girl with 3 boobs?

If you were a woman you wouldn't want 3 boobs! 2 is enough. :laughing

Well done.

Everyone here that stuck around for the end deserves a hand as well.

Helps to be on the west coast ;)

These west coast games are really late for me when I'm down in FL (will be returning home on the 10th).

Archived