Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-31: Brewers (Lyles) at Athletics (Anderson) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Lyles’ redux debut is successful; 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 SO]

Eye Black

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always liked Aguilar. Thought he had the makings of being a good hitter in this league and wasn't surprised at last year's performance. Too bad he fell apart this year and the team gave up on him. I could see him doing some damage for Tampa

He had to hit to stay here. Brewer's MO has been versatility and Aguilar had none. If he didn't hit ... he just wasn't going to be given a long leash. I can also see him being a nice piece for TB.

For sure. I just don't trust Thames as a long term answer at first. At the end of last year, it looked like he never saw a bat before in his life

And shaw scares me more. But I guess they are a lot easier to replace

He had to hit to stay here. Brewer's MO has been versatility and Aguilar had none. If he didn't hit ... he just wasn't going to be given a long leash. I can also see him being a nice piece for TB.

For sure. I just don't trust Thames as a long term answer at first. At the end of last year, it looked like he never saw a bat before in his life

And shaw scares me more. But I guess they are a lot easier to replace

I think we see more of Grandal there? Braun possibly? Freitas coming up? Lot of internal options to make the move (trading Aguilar) reasonable.

Passan just tweeted that Grisham is expected to join the Brewers soon. That could mean today since he wasn't in the AAA lineup.

Wow. That’s crazy. I wasn’t all into this guys hype. But it’s a meteoric rise this year. Good for him

Hopefully he can add something.

Down in FL we get all of the Tampa games so I'll have to keep an eye on Jesus and see how he does. :)

Down in FL we get all of the Tampa games so I'll have to keep an eye on Jesus and see how he does. :)

Jesus will keep an eye on you too. :)

Sorry, had to get in the final Jesus joke.

In July Brewers played 24 games.

Aguilar started 9 games

Gamel started 9 games

Braun only started 14 of 24 despite the short month

Basically what I'm saying is... I see ample opportunities to start Grisham. If he can match Gamel's production there will be no harm.

Gamel is coming off a 200/280/333 ops 613 july

Archived