Brewer Fanatic

DISH Network and Fox Sports Wisconsin

SerenityNow

Apologies if this is already being discussed and I missed it. Are there any alternatives out there for watching the Crew until this latest dispute that DISH is having with local/regional programming gets resolved?

Thanks

Apologies if this is already being discussed and I missed it. Are there any alternatives out there for watching the Crew until this latest dispute that DISH is having with local/regional programming gets resolved?

Thanks

Can you do free trials of Sling, YouTube TV, PlayStation Vue, DirecTV Now, etc.? I think most of them have free week-long trials and they have your local regional sports channel.

I was a Sling subscriber. I started going thru Playstation Vue and immediately cancelled Sling. I think Vue has more channels-BTN being one of them, I have the ability to go pause and go back, and I get TMJ, FOX 6, Channel 12, and 58, and only cost $10 more.

I was a Sling subscriber. I started going thru Playstation Vue and immediately cancelled Sling. I think Vue has more channels-BTN being one of them, I have the ability to go pause and go back, and I get TMJ, FOX 6, Channel 12, and 58, and only cost $10 more.

I have been with Playstation Vue for a long time. Very happy, although the price has been going up a a bunch lately.

Has anyone with Dish called and tried to cancel and get out of contracts?

Probably going to call tomorrow, but guessing they won’t be too willing to let me out of the contract early, even with the programming change.

Has anyone with Dish called and tried to cancel and get out of contracts?

Probably going to call tomorrow, but guessing they won’t be too willing to let me out of the contract early, even with the programming change.

I chatted them and told them I give them a week to get it fixed or I am leaving - so if they are actually tracking what they are losing hopefully it gets heard.

Also asked how much we are getting refunded and they said finance hasn't determined that yet.

https://www.slingbox.com/

This is NOT Sling TV. We purchased a box and installed it in my brother-in-law's place here in Green Bay. We then got a Fire TV box from Target and stream online all the channels he gets. The Fire TV box/stick slings the internet stream to our TV in the living room down in FL. We can get all of the Brewers, Packers, Bucks and Badgers games live.

https://www.target.com/p/fire-tv-stick-4k-with-all-new-alexa-voice-remote/-/A-54188026

Recently switched from PlayStation vue to you tube tv. Very happy with the move. It’s got all he local channels plus fs wis, for the same price. The only channel I wish it had would be the nfl network.

Curious why you moved away from PlayStation Vue, since it does have NFL Network. I haven't studied them in great detail yet, but PlayStation seemed to have a few more channels that we actually watch then YouTube.

We canceled our Dish today. My wife called and they told her they didn’t anticipate a resolution. They let us out of our contract, there is a like 10 dollar charge on our credit card. Not sure what that was, I’ll have to see when my wife gets home. Maybe shipping to return the box?

We will most likely switch to what is our city cable provider. If we bundle with our internet it’s not bad, and has everything I want. There’s no way I will put another Dish on my roof. Even direct seems to be dropping channels here and there. I’ll go with the cable option or a streaming service from now on.

Vue did not have all the local channels and was cheaper when I switched. The price went up the next month...now equal to what Vue was. Also an unlimited dvr was a big plus for you tube tv.

The networks decide they want more money for a provider to have their channel and the provider balks. It happens to all of them and it's going to continue to happen to all of the providers at some point. You can say use this service or that service but you'll run in to the same problem at some point with some channel you want.

The networks decide they want more money for a provider to have their channel and the provider balks. It happens to all of them and it's going to continue to happen to all of the providers at some point. You can say use this service or that service but you'll run in to the same problem at some point with some channel you want.

But with satelite and cable if you cancel and you are in a contract there is a fee you have to pay. For the streaming service there is no fee and you can cancel and switch whenever you want.

So that problem is mitigated a bit.

But with satelite and cable if you cancel and you are in a contract there is a fee you have to pay. For the streaming service there is no fee and you can cancel and switch whenever you want.

No contract with my cable at spectrum. I can walk anytime I want, but choose not to deal with the streaming services, etc.

I have considered going to dish, but just not worth it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

No contract with my cable at spectrum. I can walk anytime I want, but choose not to deal with the streaming services, etc.

I have considered going to dish, but just not worth it.

If you watch a ton of channels then cable can absolutely be worth it. I don't watch much TV outside of sports and a select few shows, streaming services have plenty of options for me and at a lower price with no BS hidden fees or equipment fees.

So while Spectrum may not have contracts I can cancel my streaming service in 60 seconds online with a click of a button then sign up with a different streaming service and start watching their content in another 60 seconds. Spectrum makes you call them to cancel and then spends 10 minutes trying to convince you to stay. Once you get through to an actual human being that is.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

We canceled our Dish today. My wife called and they told her they didn’t anticipate a resolution. They let us out of our contract, there is a like 10 dollar charge on our credit card. Not sure what that was, I’ll have to see when my wife gets home. Maybe shipping to return the box?

We will most likely switch to what is our city cable provider. If we bundle with our internet it’s not bad, and has everything I want. There’s no way I will put another Dish on my roof. Even direct seems to be dropping channels here and there. I’ll go with the cable option or a streaming service from now on.

The ten bucks might be a monthly cancellation fee.... hope not. I have DISH too, and I'll be making the call next week.

Might get to be a long post, but hopefully can help.

The charge for us was to pay the current billing cycle that elapsed, not a recurring charge.

Also may be important that we are past our original 2 year agreement, at that point our rate went up. We called and agreed to 2 more years over the phone to get the bill back down.

My wife apparently did some research online and had a plan before she called.

She asked to cancel which they said we could not do. At a few points they offered deals to lower the bill to stay or lower the monthly penalty for leaving. She politely declined these options.

Eventually she asked to be transferred to a manager. She explained we’ve been long time customers, but the change in programming was unacceptable. The manager still tried multiple times to work out deals or discounts. She continued to decline any resolution other than canceling. Eventually she got the cancellation.

Just be persistent, but politely. Do not accept deals or cancellation fees. If they hold their ground ask to see a printed copy of the contract with your signature. If you agreed over the phone like us and they use that ask for a copy of the recording of that agreement.

Absolute worst case scenario is you tell them you will take them to small claims court. There is almost no chance they would have a lawyer show up and you would win by default.

I don’t think they will take it that far. We didn’t even get to the point of asking to see the signed contract. It did however take some persistence and declining about 20 different plans from them. They are going to say no at first. Just keep pressing the change in programming isn’t acceptable. They are trained to get money out of you, don’t give in.

Might get to be a long post, but hopefully can help.

The charge for us was to pay the current billing cycle that elapsed, not a recurring charge.

Also may be important that we are past our original 2 year agreement, at that point our rate went up. We called and agreed to 2 more years over the phone to get the bill back down.

My wife apparently did some research online and had a plan before she called.

She asked to cancel which they said we could not do. At a few points they offered deals to lower the bill to stay or lower the monthly penalty for leaving. She politely declined these options.

Eventually she asked to be transferred to a manager. She explained we’ve been long time customers, but the change in programming was unacceptable. The manager still tried multiple times to work out deals or discounts. She continued to decline any resolution other than canceling. Eventually she got the cancellation.

Just be persistent, but politely. Do not accept deals or cancellation fees. If they hold their ground ask to see a printed copy of the contract with your signature. If you agreed over the phone like us and they use that ask for a copy of the recording of that agreement.

Absolute worst case scenario is you tell them you will take them to small claims court. There is almost no chance they would have a lawyer show up and you would win by default.

I don’t think they will take it that far. We didn’t even get to the point of asking to see the signed contract. It did however take some persistence and declining about 20 different plans from them. They are going to say no at first. Just keep pressing the change in programming isn’t acceptable. They are trained to get money out of you, don’t give in.

Hey, much appreciated!! Very kind of you to share this. I am finding out that DiSH is either really shrewd or borderline crooks.

Archived