Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-30: Brewers (Houser) at Athletics (Bassitt) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burnes rehab outing: 2.0 IP / 1 ER / 3 H / 1 BB / 4 K 35 pitches, 23 strikes

Not sure why he started, but Jankins in now.

Pretty common for relievers who are on rehab assignments to start games. Makes it easy to guarantee they get in the game and let's you manage them easier

Grisham just hit another one. Good God.

And we want to trade him?

I hope against all hope that we keep this kid... He'll look nice in left field for the next 6 years.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I hope against all hope that we keep this kid... He'll look nice in left field for the next 6 years.

If they can get a TOR arm that's controllable for him as part of a package, how the heck do you say no to that?? You can find OFers

If they can get a TOR arm that's controllable for him as part of a package, how the heck do you say no to that?? You can find OFers

Strangely, both of these are very valid viewpoints.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Strangely, both of these are very valid viewpoints.

Yep, exactly. Neither one of these outcomes would upset me. It is intriguing to potentially sell Grisham at an ultimate high ... but at the same time, what if this breakout is for real?

I think most would love a controllable TOR arm that doesn't cost Hiura, a major leaguer, and/or Burnes/Peralta, however what if a Grisham-headlined package only gets you a #3 arm? There really aren't even that many controllable TOR arms available and I don't think Grisham is getting us Syndergaard.

I think most would love a controllable TOR arm that doesn't cost Hiura, a major leaguer, and/or Burnes/Peralta, however what if a Grisham-headlined package only gets you a #3 arm? There really aren't even that many controllable TOR arms available and I don't think Grisham is getting us Syndergaard.

Think you have to sit in that case. Can't see a GM who's mission statement is to develop and retain young controllable talent giving up full control of what could be a potential star for something like a year and two months of a middle of rotation arm. The only time he's given up comparable young talent, he acquired five years of control of an MVP talent.

I can't believe MLB allows that to go on during game action. It's ridiculous and annoying as crap. At least they don't do it when the Brewers are hitting. If I were an A's batter that would annoy the crap out of me and be a HUGE distraction. I don't know if I can watch three games with that crap going on

If I were an A's batter that would annoy the crap out of me and be a HUGE distraction.

If this happens at every game, they are probably used to it.

I'm pretty much set on hoping against all hope that Grisham is still with the brewer organization this time tomorrow...even if it means punting on any significant trades to help the mlb club.

I think you might get your wish.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I'm pretty much set on hoping against all hope that Grisham is still with the brewer organization this time tomorrow...even if it means punting on any significant trades to help the mlb club.

I think you might get your wish.

That would be incredibly disappointing, the Brewers need SIGNIFICANT rotation help. Grisham would be the chip(one of them) to make that happen.

I'm with you on this, I don't want to trade him, I want to see him with the Brewers for the next 6 years.

Archived