Brewer Fanatic

Padres Trade Brewing?

I firmly believe Grisham should be valued around a top 30-50 MLB prospect, much higher than his media ranking.

There's plenty of reason to believe that what he is doing now isn't flukey.

If the industry doesn't value him that highly, that's fine. I'll be more than happy to see him develop into our likely LF of the future. But to want to just cash in on him now because he didn't do this in the past, is flawed, IMO.

Grisham always had the ability to play baseball at this level, and as others have said, he is still ridiculously young and developing. This is not some 30 year old journeyman just putting up great AAA numbers out of nowhere.

I think you are overvaluing Grisham by quite a bit.

I think Stearns would be wise to sell high on Grisham while he has regained a lot of his value.

Not sold on him becoming anything more than a replacement level player at the big league level.

A replacement level player?

I don't know what more he needs to do to change your mind at this point.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curious to see what the Pads are getting out of this Bauer trade.

Also, shocked the Indians traded Bauer when they're as good as they are.

Padres are getting Reds prospect Taylor Trammell the #30 ranked prospect by MLB pipeline, but really struggled at AA this year.

Grisham just tripled and that's the Cycle

It's almost like Grisham read some of the silliness in this thread today and went to the ballpark angry tonight. A cycle plus a bonus home. He's amazing, and needs to be in the majors now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I so much wish they had stuck with the Braun at 1B experiment when our 1B situation went bad this year...

If Braun played 75% of the games at 1B, and Grisham 75% of the games in LF since the break, that would be ideal imo.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
The trade with Cinci/ Clev just opened 3 spots on the SD 40 man roster..

I have to believe their upcoming roster crunch/ decisions played a role in this trade..

Could be that, [sarcasm]or maybe AJ Preller is just addicted to collecting premium prospects and once players lose such status it bores him.[/sarcasm] :)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived