Brewer Fanatic

Padres Trade Brewing?

Community Moderator
What about this one?...

Brewers receive: RP Kirby Yates (from SD); SP Zack Wheeler (from NYM)

Padres receive: SP Noah Syndergaard (from NYM); CF Trent Grisham (from MKE)

Mets receive: 2B Luis Urias (from San Diego); SP/RP Freddy Peralta (from MKE)

Your suggesting the Crew deals away 2 players (Grisham and Freddy Peralta) but gets 2 back in Yates and Wheeler..

Does that even get close on Baseball Trade Values trade evaluator??

You have to add in another decent prospect going from the Brewers to the Padres on the site (i.e. Mario Feliciano), but I also think they have Grisham undervalued a bit from what the industry might actually value him at currently. With the report today that the Padres are interested in Grisham specifically, I don't think it's a huge stretch that the Brewers could get a better value in return than what the BTV site suggests.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grisham is a 22 year old former first round pick who is mashing at Triple A. He should be a high value target. Ditto Peralta. The media rankings do not currently understand either player's value IMO. The prospect rankings are useless --even more so than normal -- when it comes to these two.

What about this one?...

Your suggesting the Crew deals away 2 players (Grisham and Freddy Peralta) but gets 2 back in Yates and Wheeler..

You have to add in another decent prospect going from the Brewers to the Padres on the site (i.e. Mario Feliciano), but I also think they have Grisham undervalued a bit from what the industry might actually value him at currently. With the report today that the Padres are interested in Grisham specifically, I don't think it's a huge stretch that the Brewers could get a better value in return than what the BTV site suggests.

I get what you mean (the BTV is not gospel, teams have their own evaluations). Still it is nice to get it close to where a 3rd party site can agree or disagree on how close it actually is.

Taking you premise, I could not get the original or modified (with Mario F) to work. I was able to get it to be accepted when the Brewers added in Dubon (to the Padres) and the Mets added Kilome (to the Padres)..

[sarcasm]Stearns making a play at that Hader trade! Git'er done![/sarcasm]

I wish we had some more names to play with, or at least one from the Padres. Really curious where this one could go.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Noah and Grisham to Padres

Grandal, margot and Morejon to Mets

Ramos and Yates to Brewers.

A piece from the MLB roster being involved would make the Ruben Amaro Jr. report from 10 days ago make a little more sense.

For Grandal and Grisham I'd need more than Ramos and Yates. Grisham has a lot of years of control left.

Community Moderator

I get what you mean (the BTV is not gospel, teams have their own evaluations). Still it is nice to get it close to where a 3rd party site can agree or disagree on how close it actually is.

Taking you premise, I could not get the original or modified (with Mario F) to work. I was able to get it to be accepted when the Brewers added in Dubon (to the Padres) and the Mets added Kilome (to the Padres)..

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I did Feliciano to Padres as well as the Mets giving up LHP David Peterson.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I did Feliciano to Padres as well as the Mets giving up LHP David Peterson.

LOL Well, at least we both found a way to make it work ...

Kirby Yates? Controlled through next year but is like 32 years old so it shouldn't cost the farm. Only other reliever that seems to be doing ok after quick glancing of stats is 35 year old Crag Stammen. I didn't dig on starters as I thought they were all young and therefore controllable (so why would SD get rid of). I could easily be wrong on that though

I was looking at Stammen the other day. Has pretty big home/road splits though. That being said, he plays a lot of road games against the Dodgers, and at hitter-friendly parks (Colorado, Arizona), so maybe that's the cause. He's a guy who wouldn't cost more than a Segovia or Gatewood with maybe a Griep thrown in.

Grisham should not be going anywhere unless the industry is valuing him much higher than the rankings are.

If Grisham goes to San Diego, Yates better be coming to Milwaukee.

Yeah, I want no part of Grisham leaving unless the return is phenomenal! I mean really GREAT!

Grisham is more than likely a future stud in our outfield, better get something really good for him as I don't see anyone else knocking on that door...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Kirby Yates? Controlled through next year but is like 32 years old so it shouldn't cost the farm. Only other reliever that seems to be doing ok after quick glancing of stats is 35 year old Crag Stammen. I didn't dig on starters as I thought they were all young and therefore controllable (so why would SD get rid of). I could easily be wrong on that though

Yates is in the upper elite tier of MLB relievers, best of the best. Those guys are kind of unpredictable at that level as to what their market could possibly be. Look what the Cubs gave up to get Aroldis Chapman just for 2 months. At least Yates would be here next season as well.

I would be excited, while at the same time disappointed if that makes sense, to get Yates for Grisham+.

Grisham should not be going anywhere unless the industry is valuing him much higher than the rankings are.

If Grisham goes to San Diego, Yates better be coming to Milwaukee.

Grisham has a little Michael Brantley to me. Wouldn't it be appropriate if he were dealt for a stud SP that carried us to the playoffs ala CC?

What about this one?...

The Mets owners would run the GM out of town on a rail if he made your trade. Syndergaard and Wheeler for Urias and Peralta??

The Brewers would get Yates and Wheeler for a reliever (Peralta) and an OF who is not in the top 125 top prospects.

Could we be interested in Luis Urias?

I saw a blurb on rotoworld earlier today that teams are interested in trading for him as a SS. Maybe we're one of those teams and can see him being an improvement over Arcia.

He would cost Hader

The Padres may have asked about Grisham, but I bet it was a quick no. He's too perfect for what the Brewers need, a LF and a leadoff man. Padres can have Ray, he's a better fit in CF.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'd take my chances on a Lauer type guy. Competent now, still controlled for years, young with upside. Maybe they have a 40 man crunch coming too so need to move guys. Yates/Lauer combo helps the team a lot and wouldn't think it would cost the farm.

Lauer isn't anything the Brewers don't already have. He's a mediocre pitcher and pitching in a pitcher's ball park. How would he play out in Milwaukee?

I saw a blurb on rotoworld earlier today that teams are interested in trading for him as a SS. Maybe we're one of those teams and can see him being an improvement over Arcia.

He would cost Hader

Ummm not even close...according to the trade value website, Davies, Arcia and Burnes gets them awfully close.

He would cost Hader

Ummm not even close...according to the trade value website, Davies, Arcia and Burnes gets them awfully close.

Cause that trade value site is 100% right....

Hey padres, he’s three guys that are performing avg to poor this season for your #1 hitting prospect

Noah and Grisham to Padres

Grandal, margot and Morejon to Mets

Ramos and Yates to Brewers.

You have the Mets giving up a pretty decent controllable catcher and one of the top starters on the market and receiving a rental catcher, a #4 type OF, and a minor league pitcher who shows promise, but nowhere near TOR. I'd love the trade if I was the Padres and Brewers. The Mets would be getting royally screwed.

The Padres may have asked about Grisham, but I bet it was a quick no. He's too perfect for what the Brewers need, a LF and a leadoff man. Padres can have Ray, he's a better fit in CF.

I don't think so, the tweet said "Grisham has been discussed". Nothing about the Brewers unwilling to part with him.

Archived