Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-28: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 11-4]

Eye Black
Have to think that DS and the boys will be doing a bunch of scenario work with the off day tomorrow. Actually, it's a great day to get things done. Scrambling on Wednesday doesn't seem like a position they want to be in either (ala Schoop).

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t really know who we have to give anyone to get anything significant.

Depends on your idea of significant. I don't think they need significant. I think they need some pitchers who won't be a complete black hole. 4.0-4.2 era rental vets would do just fine.

4 Brown, 5 Ray, 16 Erceg and 20 Webb are in our top 20 on pipeline and are rule 5 eligible. Also, Arica.

Moose might be moved. Burnes and Wilkerson. After Houser who is going to be in the rotation?

Wilkerson and a filler arm that falls through the trade market. Let Houser stay in the pen. Moving him turns 1 problem into 2.

Adam McCalvy

@AdamMcCalvy

·

7m

A sign that trade talks are in full swing: The Brewers won't name a starter for Tuesday in Oakland until closer to game time. Adrian Houser will make a start somewhere in that series.

Here we go again, weaken the pen to get a mediocre starting option.

We now have 2 relievers and 3 starters.

Meh. Offense had a bad day overall, yet somehow managed 4 runs. Not a good day from the pitching/defense, but I will say that they were very unlucky to give up 11 runs to 12 baserunners (7 hits, 4 walks, 1 HBP). Requires exactly the right (or wrong...) sequencing to turn out that way. More "normal" luck would still see the Brewers lose most of the time in a game like this, but I wouldn't really put much weight onto the 11 runs.

2 out of 3 against the Cubs is very good. The emotional side of me still feels that todays game, despite the above, killed the mood.

Davies should've pitched to them. That was bad coaching and pitching folks. A classic throwaway game.

Depends on your idea of significant. I don't think they need significant. I think they need some pitchers who won't be a complete black hole. 4.0-4.2 era rental vets would do just fine.

4 Brown, 5 Ray, 16 Erceg and 20 Webb are in our top 20 on pipeline and are rule 5 eligible. Also, Arica.

Ahhhhh. The someone’s trash is someone else’s treasure trade

Ahhhhh. The someone’s trash is someone else’s treasure trade

No that's a Swarzak deal. A Neil Walker deal if you send out Moose to someone and bring in a middling cap dump. Krod.

You aren't going after aces or studs... your going after low value filler rentals. The team has all the aces it needs save a #1 pitcher. It doesn't have the glue guys.

No that's a Swarzak deal. A Neil Walker deal if you send out Moose to someone and bring in a middling cap dump. Krod.

You aren't going after aces or studs... your going after low value filler rentals. The team has all the aces it needs save a #1 pitcher. It doesn't have the glue guys.

Uhh...whaaa?

We have all the aces we need...except we just need that one ace!

That's cool. I am rich as hell....the only thing I need is the money though.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Last year our #1 pitcher was Miley or Chacin. Are they aces?

3.5 3.5 4 4 4 would do the trick. We haven't had that all year. Davies was great as Burnes and Peralta got lit. Gio stabalized for a bit but then vanished. Woodruff Davies took the 1-2 role but Chacin and insert mess was imploding at 4-5. #1 pitcher doesn't have to be an ace. Team has had a lot of black holes dragging this team down.

I think ACE labelled pitchers are grossly overrated on the trade market. You need rotation depth and pen depth.

Last year our #1 pitcher was Miley or Chacin. Are they aces?

3.5 3.5 4 4 4 would do the trick. We haven't had that all year. Davies was great as Burnes and Peralta got lit. Gio stabalized for a bit but then vanished. Woodruff Davies took the 1-2 role but Chacin and insert mess was imploding at 4-5. #1 pitcher doesn't have to be an ace. Team has had a lot of black holes dragging this team down.

I think ACE labelled pitchers are grossly overrated on the trade market. You need rotation depth and pen depth.

The bullpen was infinitely better last year than this year though. This team needs to improve a lot these last 50 odd games

But they have lots of games against the cards and cubs.

Community Moderator
Went to the game today as part of our partial season seat holder package (20-gm). It is really disheartening how many season ticket holders continue to sell great seats to Cubs fans. I will never, ever sell my tickets for the Cubs games at MP. I’m going to be at Friday’s game, hopefully plenty of Brewers fans will return the favor by invading Wrigley this weekend.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Can't win them all, cubs got timely hits today , took advantage of walks and some shoddy defense. I'll take two.

Tuff spot for Stearns . We have a few glaring holes and quite frankly not alot of ammo to work with. Two weeks ago I was on the sell bandwagon, I think maybe with a couple of small additions we can stay in this until the end then u never know !

Hoping we see a move or two tonight (speculation) at the very least it is alot of fun being in contention. It wasn't always this way in the past.

I'm with you. If someone told us on July 25th that we would win the series against the Cubs this past weekend I have a feeling everyone here would be pleased. We lost yesterday. I'm not going to lose sleep over that. I have a feeling the Cubs would have preferred to win that series too. Let's hope Stearns can add an arm or 2 before Wednesday.

Archived