Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-28: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 11-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for momentum.

Aguilar and Hiura both messed up that play. Aguilar by not getting back sooner and Hiura by not throwing it a little sooner or, if he was going to wait, a little harder. Then Jeffress can’t pick them up.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I agree he probably should have been out of it but it's not to much to ask to get a big out once in a while? Jeez.

He still needs to buckle down and get the out, for sure. But that is not at all entirely on Jeffress. This still highlights a glaring hole in Hiuras game.

I agree he probably should have been out of it but it's not to much to ask to get a big out once in a while? Jeez.

He still needs to buckle down and get the out, for sure. But that is not at all entirely on Jeffress. This still highlights a glaring hole in Hiuras game.

No doubt Hiura has some work to do. He looks better than Weeks when he came up so there is that but yeah you are right.

The thing that is unbelievable is Jeffress strikes out the first two hitters then walks Ian Happ who was in the minors last week. I'll never understand how guys literally just lose it from pitch to pitch. Been happening all year long.

With the off day tomorrow I think Counsell is just giving a bunch of the relievers a little work, knowing that one of Williams or Jackson might have to start Tuesday or Wednesday and the bullpen is going to be severely tested with 9 games in 9 days. He probably doesn’t want anyone in the pen pitching more than one inning today.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Davies will now be 1 and 3 with an era over 5 in his last eight starts

And Stearns stands pat with that and all our injuries...just bring up another AAA pitcher.

Brewers are pretenders at the management/ownership level. Money trumps success!

We cannot get to the postseason in successive years without blind luck with young guys or previously so-so players having career years.

Guys I wish we could cut now:

———————————————-

Aguilar

Saladino

Arcia

Shaw

David Stearns for not bolstering the pitching all season

Oddly, the only one of those I really care to cut is Braun. The difference between Braun and Gamel/Grisham would be so insignificant. The salary is not.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

And Stearns stands pat with that and all our injuries...just bring up another AAA pitcher.

We cannot get to the postseason in successive years without blind luck with young guys or previously so-so players having career years.

Yes, we should trade all our bad minor league players for several stud major league players.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Man, this place was great the past couple of days. Now we are back to this crap. Lovely. :rolleyes

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

There's the Orlando we know. Has a major league team ever been in this bad a shape in the rotation and been a game out of first place? It's unbelievable. They literally have nobody to start the next two games in the whole organization that you would say good call. It is a slap of reality that is for sure.

Archived