Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-28: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 11-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The early lead will just make it that much sweeter when their bullpen blows it.

Doubling down on this one

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

These last 2 games have been a lot of fun but its really hard to have any faith in this team with Woodruff hurt, Davies being what he is, Gio's age, Chacin being toast. Anderson and Davies can be the 3-4 arms, but our 1 or 2 is hurt and we don't have the other one.

I hope Stearns has the balls to sell if the right offer is there for Thames Grandal or Moose.

At least Schwarber can only hit a 3 run HR this time.

Which he proceeded to do.

Now time to face the harsh reality that the Brewers have no starting pitchers for Tuesday and Wednesday against the A’s.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This is why it's going to be tuff for the crew to make it. You can't get any real momentum when your next days starting pitcher is below average guy who can get lit. Going to be hard to reel off 5-7 in a row from here on out.

Picked up a game on CHC. Hope for an STL loss. Brewers sit one back of both with more games played. Still July. Things don't look great with the injured pitchers, but I guess we're staying it for now? The Cubs schedule this week is STL and us. So there is going to be more movement one way or the other, most likely.

This is why it's going to be tuff for the crew to make it. You can't get any real momentum when your next days starting pitcher is below average guy who can get lit. Going to be hard to reel off 5-7 in a row from here on out.

That’s two completely trash games in a row. Even chacin is pitching better

Slightly.

The early lead will just make it that much sweeter when their bullpen blows it.

Doubling down on this one

I still remember the first time I ever heard the Brewers come back from 7-0. It was early 90s sometime I think against the then California Angels. I was 8 or 9 and listened to it all on the radio. I want to say they scored something like 11 in one inning. I want to say someone hit a grand slam, maybe Darryl Hamilton and they ended up winning 20-7.

Archived