Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-28: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 11-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Games like yesterday’s and Friday’s against a hated rival are memorable completely apart from how or whether they affect a playoff race. They reminded me of some games and weekend series the Brewers had against the Yankees in the 78-80 seasons. Those wins in front of big crowds were great even though they didn’t lead to the Brewers coming even that close to making the playoffs.

Now, let’s make it really memorable by completing the sweep and sending the Cubs fans home with their tail between their legs. I don’t think the Brewers have swept a 3 game series from the Cubs since they began turning things around late in the 2014 season.

Did we sweep them last September to get back into the division race or am I wrong about that

My fashion update

I love the colors for the brewers. But the logo and the cursive letters are just crappy. The M is bad. The wheat\barley thing is crap too

They really should go back to the 80s logo but keep these colors. It is an iconic sharp logo. Maybe incorporate the state of Wisconsin on it.

I’m ok with the darker blue colors than the 80s though

I love Uecker. He is a legend. But man, he has gotten rough to listen to if you want play-by-play on the radio.

It seems to be hit or miss. I’ve listened to a couple really good games from him, with still awesome individual calls on big plays. I’ve also heard times this year he’s completely lost the ball, or totally wiffed on what was happening.

There isn't any in between with Davies. He is either terrific or pathetic. Today is the latter.

They either hit it hard right at somebody in a game. Or they hit hard where they ain’t

That’s why there’s no in between

There isn't any in between with Davies. He is either terrific or pathetic. Today is the latter.

No room for error. He has to be perfect or he gets hit hard. That kind of pitcher is going to be inconsistent and unfortunately we have more than our share of that type of pitcher.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Zach Davies is about as best as we can expect from Supak. And Supak is about our only pitching prospect close. Yikes.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived