Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-27: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 5-3 in 10 innings -- Keston Hiura walk-off HR caps come from behind win vs. Craig Kimbrel; Yelich opened 10th with tying HR]

Eye Black
Aguillar gets called out on strikes more than anybody I've ever seen. This alone tells me he's done for.

Oh how I’ll miss the polite conversations with the umpire after and his slow as can be walk to the dugout.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, why is it these Cubs Pitchers always baffle the Brewers when they see them as much as anyone, yet they struggle against other teams that don't see them nearly as often. Makes zero sense.

One thing I've noticed over the last few years as the Brewer hitters handle velocity better than they handle movement.

I don't have stats to back it up but it would be interesting to see the Brewers batting percentage against fast balls versus betting percentage versus off speed.

That's probably true, but with as often as they see them, they should know what to look for, where to look for it, what the pitches will do etc. You can only vary things so much when you see a Pitcher that often. Now, if they have dominant stuff, that's a different story, but none of those guys do.

Boy is Lester getting a good sweat in tonight.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Can you get anything of value for Arcia at this point? I know other teams have video equipment and can see he sucks but something has to be done. I don't care what Saladino does. Bring back Hernan let him backup. It's over man.

Can you get anything of value for Arcia at this point? I know other teams have video equipment and can see he sucks but something has to be done. I don't care what Saladino does. Bring back Hernan let him backup. It's over man.

Without a complete retooling of his hitting mechanics he's done.

If Arcia hits here...

Was thinking the same thing...LOL @ Counsell..last night he PH for him in a big spot(which was 100% the right call), now tonight he lets him hit. Baffling.

That is Counsell in a nutshell. You don't know what is the principle he's using from night to night. Arcia is done here man. It's over. We've seen enough.

I’ve been backing Aguilar and Arcia to come out of it all year. But they are making it very hard. Very hard

At this point you may as well option Arcia and Saladino, bring back Dubon to play every day and put Perez back on the 40 and 25 as the super sub. I get that the PCL is a big hitters league and Dubon isn't going to keep up what he's doing here but you literally have nothing to lose at this point. The shortstops we have are just awful.

We got a surprisingly good return for Jean Segura and if you can still get anything comparable for Arcia for any seller who still believes in him, just pull the trigger. His time here should come to an end.

Archived