Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-27: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 5-3 in 10 innings -- Keston Hiura walk-off HR caps come from behind win vs. Craig Kimbrel; Yelich opened 10th with tying HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm not going to go as far as to say that Kimbrel wouldn't have been a fit in the Brewers' pen, but he is being paid like an elite closer, and he is no longer an elite closer. I doubt he'd be amenable to pitching in other situations, too, as Counsell likes to do with his relievers.

He's not a fit for the Brewers pen. He only pitches in the 9th, and he won't/can't pitch in any other inning other than in 3 out save opportunities. That's not how the Brewers pen is managed.

I think they probably would have been able to adjust to make it work, but that's a useless guess at this point. A strict stubborn closer is perfect for an old-school fossil like Maddon.

Well ... something tells me this team would be selling this week.

Huh?

WON'T. Won't be selling. Dang auto-correct.

Or I suppose I could have just put that in blue.

Or maybe it’s telling you something........

Yelich walks, Braun pops up on the 1st pitch, Hiura goes yard. ;)

Braun isn’t in the game anymore.

Well I got 1 out of 3 anyway.

Lol you did!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
my goodness is this kid special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at Theo AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That shot of Theo after the Hiura dinger should live on in meme form for decades.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The ONLY thing that is a little bit frustrating is the wait so long to score runs...Yes, they have won he games and that's all that matters but man it would be nice to not always have to wait until the 7th inning to see them score. :laughing

my goodness is this kid special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at Theo AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That shot of Theo after the Hiura dinger should live on in meme form for decades.

I didn't want to say it at the time, but that alone was practically worth the price of admission. The fact that we just walked it off on their highly-paid closer...that win literally cured what (collectively) ails.

"That ain't Chuckie's game. Chuckie hacks on 2-0."

Haven’t seen anything like that since that game against the Cardinals last year when Yelich and Braun went back to back with 2 outs in the ninth.

Don’t ever remember the Brewers having two guys with 15 game hitting streaks at the same time.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The Cubs others seem to always come up big against us. Why?

It's not just the Brewers...Bote has big hits for them against seemingly everyone, so does freaking Caratini. Their scrubs win more games for them than there studs do..it's uncanny and frustrating as heck.

For sure. I guess Gamel qualifies for us but we need more.

Saladino with 2 grand slams?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived