Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-27: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 5-3 in 10 innings -- Keston Hiura walk-off HR caps come from behind win vs. Craig Kimbrel; Yelich opened 10th with tying HR]

Eye Black

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson is an interesting pitcher. Strikeouts per 9 and walks per nine are both improved from last year. Whip is worse. HR per 9 is better. Era is about flat. FIP is basically a full point better. He’s been steady for awhile now. Is it a no brained to pick up his $8.5 mil option for next year?

Anderson is an interesting pitcher. Strikeouts per 9 and walks per nine are both improved from last year. Whip is worse. HR per 9 is better. Era is about flat. FIP is basically a full point better. He’s been steady for awhile now. Is it a no brained to pick up his $8.5 mil option for next year?

Far be it from me to say what the Brewers *have* to do, since, after all, I’m just a small-town Brewers fan. But based on what the rotation ended up looking like this year, I can’t imagine how they don’t pick up Anderson’s option. Letting an effective mid to back-end starter walk and roll with unproven rookies and pretty much no safety net for the second consecutive year after attempt one ended in flaming disaster smacks of pig-headedness that is rather unbecoming of a serious front-office. That’s why I think Anderson will be back. Or the rotation gets a major overhaul between now and February 2020. I’m down for either option, tbh.

Verified Member
I like Anderson but I can't see them picking up the option. I don't think the upside is there for that kind of cash. I think they'll make a trade in the next week for a starter with control and sign a couple FAs.

After gios injury last night, I am struggling to figure who we have if hes out for an extended time.

1. Davies

2. Anderson

3. Houser?

4. ???

5. Not needed for a bit?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

After gios injury last night, I am struggling to figure who we have if hes out for an extended time.

1. Davies

2. Anderson

3. Houser?

4. ???

5. Not needed for a bit?

Seems like he's only day to day and probably won't miss time. But if we had to fill from within and re-extending Peralta or Burnes is off the table it's probably Wilkerson, Supak, maybe Jankins.

Anyone have a link to the most active Cubs board??

Their subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/CHICubs) is the only one I visit. They're even more reactionary than our GDTs, always a fun visit after they lose.

I gained some level of respect for their fans with how mercilessly they are bashing joe maddon bullpen management. Im sure I'll lose it today when they start 7 fights at Miller park...

I like Anderson but I can't see them picking up the option. I don't think the upside is there for that kind of cash. I think they'll make a trade in the next week for a starter with control and sign a couple FAs.

Well, I'm sure Chase wouldn't mind them declining the option as it's probably a good bit below market value for him. I think they would be crazy to do it though.

Arcia hitting 224 is actually a surprise given I can't remember him having more than 5 hits the last 3 months.

If he doesn't swing at every pitch out of the strike zone, I consider that a victory for Arcia. That AB he only swung at 2 of the 5 balls a foot from the strike zone....

Archived