Brewer Fanatic

Who would you trade Keston Hiura for??

I thought this might be an interesting discussion for all of us. Here's the "rules" however...You can't say "I'm not trading him for anyone"...EVERYONE is tradeable. And, let's try to avoid "obvious" choice (like Mike Trout etc). 3rd let's TRY to ignore how much control he or the player(s) coming back has. I know most would say that's a factor in every trade for them, but I'm trying to gauge more of what you think he's worth(to each individual), purely from a talent perspective. Please note, let's assume these to be "straight up" deals, as it's too difficult to try to put packages together.

Of course I will start..

I'm trading him for...

Jacob DeGrom

Walker Buehler

Hyun Jin Ryu

Luis Castillo

Carlos Correa

George Springer

Cody Bellinger

I'm sure there's more, but those are the one's off the top of my head.

Verified Member

I can't figure out what you are asking. Like, who would I trade him for THIS year ignoring all future years (contracts, age, etc.)? I think that's what you want.

Trout, Lindor, Bellinger, Betts, Baez, Arenado, Devers, F Freeman, Rendon, Springer, Ketel Marte, Rizzo, Bryant, Blackmon, DJ LeMahieu,

Most aces. Heck I don't know a lot of guys, just cuz Hiura is still young and unproven and not great on D.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Control is a big part of value though. It'd be almost like saying "Exclude strikeouts and home run totals". I mean yeah I'd trade him for pretty much all the guys listed in a vacuum if I knew baseball as a sport was going to cease to exist in October of this year.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Control is a big part of value though. It'd be almost like saying "Exclude strikeout totals". I mean yeah I'd trade him for pretty much all the guys listed in a vacuum if I knew baseball as a sport was going to cease to exist in October of this year.

Yeah, there just isn't any way to exclude control from trade value, apart from in the strictly hypothetical situation you mention. Then it simply becomes a matter of "Which players are better than Hiura right now?" with a dash of taking the immediate positional needs into account. Which is a very different type of question to a trade value question.

I think 2nd basemen have less wear and tear than starters do...I think starting pitching is move valuable than 2Bs but only if you can guarantee no TJs or shoulder fatigue. To a large extent, our starters over the past few years have come and gone like most relievers. If you can guarantee a healthy TOR then yes...otherwise...no thanks.

I can't figure out what you are asking. Like, who would I trade him for THIS year ignoring all future years (contracts, age, etc.)? I think that's what you want.

Trout, Lindor, Bellinger, Betts, Baez, Arenado, Devers, F Freeman, Rendon, Springer, Ketel Marte, Rizzo, Bryant, Blackmon, DJ LeMahieu,

Most aces. Heck I don't know a lot of guys, just cuz Hiura is still young and unproven and not great on D.

Yeah, I wouldn't even know where to begin to start on something like this. It's not how the real world works. But there might be 75+ players in baseball I'd trade for him.

For instance, I'd trade Tatis for Hiura straight up...and that's factoring IN control. But I know the OP is wildy against a Tatis, Gore, Paddack+ for Hader trade. So I think this is just a "what video game trade can wen make for right now and only right now," type idea.

Hiura for Ryu straight up?

Ummmm, no thank you. Dude is like glass, constantly hurt. Healthy this year, and probably reaching his potential finally, but I wouldn't count on it lasting with his injury history.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Eh, I don’t know. We probably could nab Thor!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think 2nd basemen have less wear and tear than starters do...I think starting pitching is move valuable than 2Bs but only if you can guarantee no TJs or shoulder fatigue. To a large extent, our starters over the past few years have come and gone like most relievers. If you can guarantee a healthy TOR then yes...otherwise...no thanks.

You can't guarantee that Hiura won't need Tommy John over the next 5 years. You don't trade for pitchers with a guarantee attached.

That said, those who we'd consider trading him for(Walker Buehler types...though I'd be hard pressed to find another young arm like his)...their teams wouldn't trade him for Hiura.

Nope, he will be a Brewer for a long damn time...

Stop the trade Hiura nonsense now. Lock this thread down...

Just keep it open or it'll be another thread with the same theme. Though this one is particularly confusing. You can't say Trout, but you're supposed to list any player you'd trade him for and you're not supposed to consider salary or team control(you know, two of the three factors teams use...and of particular import for teams with less revenue).

No one,lock this thread, Keston forever

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

His value may never be higher. Once the league figures him out, he may end up being a bust. :devil
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

His value may never be higher. Once the league figures him out, he may end up being a bust. :devil

That is ban material right there...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

That is ban material right there...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d3db7b0797557414d879aec&rid=giphy.gif

Archived