Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-26: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- Gio goes 6.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 9 SO before exiting with shoulder tightness; Gamel’s 2-RBI go ahead single in 8th is the game winner]

Eye Black
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And...not to be a debbie Downer but right after that Paul Goldschmidt just hit a 3 run homer in the 8th to put the Cards up 5-3..I just don't get how that team is so hot right now. Makes me want to puke

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_7456.jpg

So ... Freddy or Hader?

Freddy please.

Really? Why? Not arguing just wondering

I want to see Freddy be given the chance to be a shutdown late inning guy. Only way you get there is these types of opportunities. Not going to win this division with just Hader carrying the load.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I want to see Freddy be given the chance to be a shutdown late inning guy. Only way you get there is these types of opportunities. Not going to win this division with just Hader carrying the load.

Freddy will get plenty of chances. Hader won't be available every day. He is today and you gotta have this game. Got to stick with him here with the stakes high. The next Freddy chance can wait for another day. IMO.

What is grandal doing calling a slider on a two strike count to Bryant? Late on the two fastballs.

I really question whether Grandal's clear offensive upgrade overcomes the things he doesn't do so well on the other side of it. The pitching is far worse than last year and I can't help but wonder how much he is to blame for it.

I don't know that I want him back in 2020.

What is grandal doing calling a slider on a two strike count to Bryant? Late on the two fastballs.

I really question whether Grandal's clear offensive upgrade overcomes the things he doesn't do so well on the other side of it. The pitching is far worse than last year and I can't help but wonder how much he is to blame for it.

I don't know that I want him back in 2020.

But then you go look at Hader’s stat line and it’s even better in some areas like WHIP and K/9.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I just don’t understand what some of you want with all the complaining. You should be happy the Brewers are about to be one game back of the division lead, instead I hear constantly calls to sell, sell, sell. We are not sellers. We won the division last year. We just finished a rebuild. Nobody is going to get a hit every time we have RISP or toss a goose egg every time you have the lead. You had a glimpse of what it looks like to be title contenders after decades and now a select few of you turned spoiled.

This team is GOOD. If anything, underachievers. Enjoy it.

Well, we will find out if this is a springboard for a second half run shortly enough.

Archived