Brewer Fanatic

Travis Shaw Recalled from Triple-A

pacopete4
With the recent interest from Tampa Bay in Jesus this could be a reason why hes back.

I was thinking the same thing. The thinking was the Brewers would need something back that helps this season but if Shaw can be that guy then the Brewers could help their farm without hurting their chances this season.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Much ado about nothing. They've had a 9 man bullpen since Woodruff went down. They can fill Chacin' s spot with Hauser and still have normal 8 man pen. With off days they don't need a 5th starter.

Yep ... with the off days, it made sense to replace Chacin with a bat until a starter is needed.

Interesting...so the bench is:

UTIL: Saladino

1B/3B: Shaw

C: Pina

OF: Gamel

1B: Thames/Aguilar

This has a distinct smell of more moves to be made. Shaw plays better everyday and not as a PH.

Perhaps Thames is being moved and Shaw will platoon at 1B with Aguilar.

I'm with you...this has the smell of something else being in the works..because to do it right now before a series with the Cubs when they will face two lefties?? Although, I did hear some radio chatter that PERHAPS they may play Moose at SS.

The radio channel was from Chicago.

I guess I'm a little concerned the eventual corresponding move will be to send Hiura down...when pitching is needed. After his first senddown, I've lost a bit of confidence in their roster decision making...

I think the move is Thames goes on the IL.

Interesting...so the bench is:

UTIL: Saladino

1B/3B: Shaw

C: Pina

OF: Gamel

1B: Thames/Aguilar

This has a distinct smell of more moves to be made. Shaw plays better everyday and not as a PH.

Perhaps Thames is being moved and Shaw will platoon at 1B with Aguilar.

I'm with you...this has the smell of something else being in the works..because to do it right now before a series with the Cubs when they will face two lefties?? Although, I did hear some radio chatter that PERHAPS they may play Moose at SS.

The radio channel was from Chicago.

No it wasn't...it was 94.5

No it wasn't...it was 94.5

[sarcasm]Is that the station Clancy works at?[/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

With word that Syndergaard really is on the block...

***whispers softly***

what if it's to replace Hiura when he's dealt to NY?

Syndergaard has been unimpressive the past two seasons. I like the guy, and would love to have him, but feel he is deeply over rated...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

***whispers softly***

Syndergaard has been unimpressive the past two seasons. I like the guy, and would love to have him, but feel he is deeply over rated...

Let me ask this hypothetically, would you trade Hiura if you could get DeGrom instead of Syndergaard??

***whispers softly***

I actually thought about this, for real. Though I doubt it happens, I think we have seen in sports, anything is possible.

***whispers softly***

Let me ask this hypothetically, would you trade Hiura if you could get DeGrom instead of Syndergaard??

deGrom is controllable longer but is older. As you are seeing with Cain compared to 2018, the end could come quickly. Having said that, elite hitting vs. elite pitching...I take the pitching all day. I am not sure I would but if it were say Hiura for Walker Buehler straight up, I would do that.

Verified Member

deGrom is controllable longer but is older. As you are seeing with Cain compared to 2018, the end could come quickly. Having said that, elite hitting vs. elite pitching...I take the pitching all day. I am not sure I would but if it were say Hiura for Walker Buehler straight up, I would do that.

Elite pitching is better but more inconsistent and injury prone. I'll take Hiura.

I’ll take hiura for king Felix In his prime. Anything else? No thanks. If Shaw takes one start from hiura we’re recruiting the Area 51 group to Stearns office.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I guess I'm a little concerned the eventual corresponding move will be to send Hiura down...when pitching is needed. After his first senddown, I've lost a bit of confidence in their roster decision making...

If Hiura goes down again ever, I’m personally starring a riot outside Stearns office :laughing

Count me in for Hiura going down. I’m weird. I love seeing people go nuts over stupid things. Makes me chuckle.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Count me in for Hiura going down. I’m weird. I love seeing people go nuts over stupid things. Makes me chuckle.

That would indeed be a very stupid thing. I'd rather see the Brewers win over anything related to people's reactions.

That would indeed be a very stupid thing. I'd rather see the Brewers win over anything related to people's reactions.

It’s baseball. It’s entertainment. The Brewers haven’t been doing much winning lately. Might as well go WWE version if this ship isn’t righted. :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It’s baseball. It’s entertainment. The Brewers haven’t been doing much winning lately. Might as well go WWE version if this ship isn’t righted. :laughing

[sarcasm]Heck, send him to AA. Let's start the demotions, reinforce San Antonio and Biloxi and win the AAA and Southern League championships.[/sarcasm]

Assuming Houser to the rotation, they still have an 8 man pen. With days off, they only need a 5th starter on August 3,20 and 27. Then rosters expand. They get creative on the 3rd and then you have 3.5 weeks before you need to find a starter. It makes sense to carry the extra bat. We'll have to see where he plays.

Despite what Counsell says, I have to think that Thames going on the IL is a possibility. His wincing and weak swings the last few days look like someone who could use a few days off. Having the 3 days with the DH next week does add a wrinkle, especially if they anticipate the A’s throwing right handed pitchers.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Win or lose there's nothing more entertaining than watching Hiura hit. You better savor every at bat. He's a special player. No way he's going down. Ever. They are going with a 4 man rotation with off days every week. That means a 5 man bench. Shaw's up in part to enhance his trade value. I'm sure there's plenty of interest despite his poor season.

I get watching people go nuts for "stupid things" but sending down literally your best hitter is not stupid, its career suicide. I agree people overreact here and every else in sportsville, but that would be warranted. sending down the current NL Player of the week has probably never been done before.

I get watching people go nuts for "stupid things" but sending down literally your best hitter is not stupid, its career suicide. I agree people overreact here and every else in sportsville, but that would be warranted. sending down the current NL Player of the week has probably never been done before.

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/F9yAvk7Xpr0c/giphy.gif

Archived