Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-24: Reds (Sims) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Chacín leaves with rib discomfort; Braun and Hiura each hit a HR]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Haha Albers, 1 pitch, 1 win

Did they give Albers the win? I would think they'd give it to Hader.

it's up to the scorekeeper right?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohhhhhh baby! Please have found something here with Freddy closing it out. That was impressive!

His command get better when he can sit back and let it go? That was legit

He looked in control the entire time. Just seemed relaxed.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Again you can't try Freddy starting again in Woodruff's absence. He's just too valuable in the pen.

Agree. Needs to finish out the year in the pen and then reassess this off season.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Great win! No more salad man please

Salami honeymoon was sure short.

Well, CC is going a bit overboard with him. The two grand slams were an awesome thing, but this is not a guy who should ever under any circumstance be in the starting lineup 5 straight days.

Haha Albers, 1 pitch, 1 win

Did they give Albers the win? I would think they'd give it to Hader.

it's up to the scorekeeper right?

I believe this is correct when the starter doesn't go 5 and the team is ahead. But since we got the lead after the next pitcher pitched I'm pretty sure it reverts to last pitcher to pitch before the lead formula.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Man, watching the postgame show, is it too much to ask that someone (producer, director, Sophia, SOMEONE) from FS talk to Jerry about how to pronounce some of these Latin player's names? These guys have all been with the team a while.

Also..... Great win! :D

Is anyone noticing what's happening in the Rays/Red Sox game? If not, take a look on twitter. It's super interesting. It seems like Angel Hernandez bungled a situation pretty badly.

I was just reading about it and looked through the box score. I really can't see what he screwed up and nobody seems to know what the stink was all about either. All umpires conferred on it and they called New York so I can't believe they actually got it wrong. What it was.

Fair enough, I keep getting just busy enough at work that I can't punt 10 minutes into figuring it out...or at least I don't want to. I just naturally assume Hernandez making a mistake is most likely.

You and everyone else. Everything I've read is basically "I don't know what happened but if Angel Hernandez is involved he obviously screwed up."

They did exactly what the Cubs have done. Put a pitcher from the mound to the field, then back to the mound.

The issue was they did it while retaining the DH, which shouldn’t be possible.

Again you can't try Freddy starting again in Woodruff's absence. He's just too valuable in the pen.

I wonder if this was just circumstance or if they are going to try him at closer. That might be a good idea. Something needs to change

Man, watching the postgame show, is it too much to ask that someone (producer, director, Sophia, SOMEONE) from FS talk to Jerry about how to pronounce some of these Latin player's names? These guys have all been with the team a while.

You can take the boy out of Kewaskum but you can't take Kewaskum out of the boy.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I will say this before anything that may happen that is bad, but this has been such an enjoyable IGT. So nice after what’s taken place as of late.

I noticed the same thing. Fun afternoon.

Get a room you two crazy kids

Look at that velocity uptick for Freddy. 90/91 as a starter last year, 93/94 as a reliever in the postseason. Picked up there at the start of the season, and now in the pen he's regularly hitting 97.

https://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfxo.aspx?playerid=18679&position=P&statArr=&legend=1&split=base&time=daily&start=2018&end=2019&rtype=mult&gt1=15&dStatArray=FA&ymin=&ymax=

I believe this is correct when the starter doesn't go 5 and the team is ahead. But since we got the lead after the next pitcher pitched I'm pretty sure it reverts to last pitcher to pitch before the lead formula.

I agree. I don’t think there was any discretion in this case. Albers was the pitcher of record when the Brewers took the lead.

The scorer’s discretion only kicks in if the relief pitcher who was the pitcher of record is “ineffective in a brief appearance” and at least one succeeding reliever pitches effectively to maintain the lead. Then the scorer can exercise discretion to name the most effective reliever the winner.

In this case, because Albers’ brief appearance was effective, he is the winner. But, if he had given up a couple of runs before getting out of the fifth inning, the scorer could have named Hader the WP.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I will say this before anything that may happen that is bad, but this has been such an enjoyable IGT. So nice after what’s taken place as of late.

I noticed the same thing. Fun afternoon.

Get a room you two crazy kids

Just happy the toxicity was gone, at least for a day.

Glad I just happen to pick up Peralta on one of my fantasy teams a couple days ago.

If Freddy continues to pitch like this out of the pen this will help a ton. We have to count our blessings seeing how crappy we've been playing to still be only one and a half games out of first.

You can take the boy out of Kewaskum but you can't take Kewaskum out of the boy.

I thought he was from Kewaunee?

I thought he was from Kewaunee?

Is it too much to ask for some of these posters to get their facts straight? :)

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived