Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-24: Reds (Sims) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Chacín leaves with rib discomfort; Braun and Hiura each hit a HR]

Eye Black
Would have loved to do more damage there but still a nice inning.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garrett is not sharp. Let him walk you...

Ryan Braun: "Hold my Beer."

For real...I'm pretty sure he swung at ball 4. I get it's lefty on lefty, but he might walk Thames too. No reason to try and hit ball 4 there.

Ball 4....close, but a ball. Even if called a strike he knows another fastball is coming on the next pitch. Why swing at one low and away?

First base ump looks like he just graduated high school.

I'm pretty sure he was on the receiving end of the "savages" rant a few days ago...

Correct. So nice to see an ump his age not turn it into a show. I’m sure a lot of people think it was cool but the ump is the one that held his.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

First base ump looks like he just graduated high school.

I'm pretty sure he was on the receiving end of the "savages" rant a few days ago...

Correct. So nice to see an ump his age not turn it into a show. I’m sure a lot of people think it was cool but the ump is the one that held his.

What he should have done was ignore him and walk away. Make Boone look like more of an idiot than he already did.

Arcia in a full count all three at bats today. Won two of them.

Is anyone noticing what's happening in the Rays/Red Sox game? If not, take a look on twitter. It's super interesting. It seems like Angel Hernandez bungled a situation pretty badly.

I was just reading about it and looked through the box score. I really can't see what he screwed up and nobody seems to know what the stink was all about either. All umpires conferred on it and they called New York so I can't believe they actually got it wrong. What it was.

Is anyone noticing what's happening in the Rays/Red Sox game? If not, take a look on twitter. It's super interesting. It seems like Angel Hernandez bungled a situation pretty badly.

I was just reading about it and looked through the box score. I really can't see what he screwed up and nobody seems to know what the stink was all about either. All umpires conferred on it and they called New York so I can't believe they actually got it wrong. What it was.

Fair enough, I keep getting just busy enough at work that I can't punt 10 minutes into figuring it out...or at least I don't want to. I just naturally assume Hernandez making a mistake is most likely.

Fair enough, I keep getting just busy enough at work that I can't punt 10 minutes into figuring it out...or at least I don't want to. I just naturally assume Hernandez making a mistake is most likely.

You and everyone else. Everything I've read is basically "I don't know what happened but if Angel Hernandez is involved he obviously screwed up."

Archived