Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-24: Reds (Sims) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Chacín leaves with rib discomfort; Braun and Hiura each hit a HR]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Man, I try to stay optimistic but those 2 pitch and 1 pitch atbats are really frustrating.

No kidding. Just when it appears that this team is ready to take a step forward offensive consistency-wise, they go back to this all-or-nothing approach that just hasn't been sustainable.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sims looks fairly mediocre to me. That curve is definitely a plus pitch, his fastball is meh and he doesn't throw the change much...so I'm assuming it's not that great either.

Hiura disagrees with an imitation of Arcia.

Naw...pretty sure Hiura agrees

Laid off the curve and got a heater. Good adjustment.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hiura sure can hit. That phrase is becoming an understatement. Its too bad that there are so many other issues with this team, because what he's doing is pretty special.

Is it too early to discuss how we are going to waste the prime years of Huira and Yelich like we did Braun and Fielder? (half blue)

I dunno if I am buying this hiura kid can hit, he needs to show me

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm just givin ya a little grief, no worries.

Say as many negative things as you want about Arcia...gotta love his attitude. A guy throws at his head...and he's smiling half way to 1st base. You never see him puff out his chest like some players...

Say as many negative things as you want about Arcia...gotta love his attitude. A guy throws at his head...and he's smiling half way to 1st base. You never see him puff out his chest like some players...

Oh I know you were. Hiura just had a really poor first AB. It happens. I would love Arcia to take a jump with his bat. Really enjoy him on the team.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Arcia also screams like a baby if a pitch is an inch off the inside of the plate.

Speaking of Arcia. He just threw a playful right hook at Scooter on 2B that looked like it landed.

This Tyler Saladino as an everyday starter thing has got to stop. He hit grand slams in back to back games and it was a really cool story. He's still a well below average player and having him in the starting lineup 5 straight games is getting beyond ridiculous.

Arcia also screams like a baby if a pitch is an inch off the inside of the plate.

I have literally never once seen him jaw at an umpire. Never ever ever.

I mean in fear.

That's fair, I'd call it moreso diving away like the ball is a grenade or something...but I know what you're talking about.

Archived