Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-24: Reds (Sims) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Chacín leaves with rib discomfort; Braun and Hiura each hit a HR]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

48364442936_c81e0c67c2_c.jpg

48364442906_cece4632e1_c.jpg

[pre]Reds Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Nick Senzel ® CF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Joey Votto (L) 1B 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Jesse Winker (L) LF 3. Yasmani Grandal (S) C

4. Yasiel Puig ® RF 4. Ryan Braun ® LF

5. Josh VanMeter (L) 3B 5. Eric Thames (L) 1B

6. Scooter Gennett (L) 2B 6. Keston Hiura ® 2B

7. Jose Iglesias ® SS 7. Orlando Arcia ® SS

8. Juan Graterol ® C 8. Tyler Saladino ® 3B

9. Lucas Sims ® P 9. Jhoulys Chacin ® P[/pre]

Jhoulys Chacín: Batter (Reds) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The salvage game!!!!

I am guaranteeing a win. You don’t even have to watch today

Even if they decide to rest Yelich, Grandal, Moustakas, and Hiura to make sure they are ready for the Cubs series?

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The salvage game!!!!

Even if they decide to rest Yelich, Grandal, Moustakas, and Hiura to make sure they are ready for the Cubs series?

All those guys will already have Thursday off. I don't see the need to give them today off as well unless they were specifically hurting. This could mean hiura of course, but we'll see. I'm with willie, I think Brewers blow one open today. I think we win and Josh Hader doesn't have to pitch.

The salvage game!!!!

It literally doesn’t matter who plays. The brewers are the greatest salvage game team of all time. Bar none.

The salvage game!!!!

All those guys will already have Thursday off. I don't see the need to give them today off as well unless they were specifically hurting. This could mean hiura of course, but we'll see. I'm with willie, I think Brewers blow one open today. I think we win and Josh Hader doesn't have to pitch.

I’ll have to figure out how to put my comments in blue because apparently the sarcasm was not obvious enough. So, only Moustakas is sitting out

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Lester scratched with bronchitis, Chatwood gets the start. We have to win today and gain a game on this team. The door is hanging wide open in the NL Central and nobody wants it...blows my mind. It's a bit frustrating seeing the Cardinals climb back into the race, that team never goes away quietly.

Lester scratched with bronchitis, Chatwood gets the start. We have to win today and gain a game on this team. The door is hanging wide open in the NL Central and nobody wants it...blows my mind. It's a bit frustrating seeing the Cardinals climb back into the race, that team never goes away quietly.

Pundits call the Central.... Competitive.

I call it weak.

Chacin struggles hurt even more when the teams slumping.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Where is the accountability? Where is the accountability? Who is responsible for this mess? You cannot continue to run Chacin out there. In the words of Vince Lombardi what the heck is going on out here?

It's countered by the sheer lack of other options. For some reason, this team believes Chacin is one of their 4 best starting options right now, yet Trey Supak looks like a AA Cy Young and can't even get a promotion to AAA. Maddening.

The change in pitching coaches is the biggest reason why we aren't making the playoffs. Stearns screwed up big time letting Johnson leave. I wish we would bring back Johnson to replace Counsell; not that I hate Counsell but Johnson meant more to this team than the rest of the coaching staff combined and 3/4 of the roster.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The change in pitching coaches is the biggest reason why we aren't making the playoffs. Stearns screwed up big time letting Johnson leave. I wish we would bring back Johnson to replace Counsell; not that I hate Counsell but Johnson meant more to this team than the rest of the coaching staff combined and 3/4 of the roster.

The actual guys throwing the ball don't get any of the blame?

Archived