Brewer Fanatic

Rays have expressed interest in Jesus Aguilar

Mark Feinsand

@Feinsand

·

8m

Sources tell me and @juanctoribio

that the Rays have expressed interest to the Brewers in Jesus Aguilar. He’s performed better in July (1.080 OPS) than the first three months (.634 OPS), so deal would have to help Milwaukee now for Brewers to move Aguilar.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Aguilar for Wander Franco :)
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Perfect. Trade him now. Get something for him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Give me Colin Poche and it’s a deal.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If the Brewers have decided that they are picking up the 2020 option on Thames, then I think they have to consider this. My initial high ask would be for LHP-Shane McClanahan, LHP-Anthony Banda and SS-Taylor Walls and then work down from there. Not sure if McClanahan would be untouchable in a deal like this, he's the guy I would really like to land. If Tampa Bay would pull all 15 of their best prospects off the board, then I keep Jesus. Not really interested in trading him for a role player prospect and a couple of lottery tickets.

I would really have to wonder if someone like Banda would even have that much value anymore? But it seems like he's been on the cusp of MLB so often and is coming off Tommy John...he just seems like the type that everyone may have written off by now, but still has a chance to be a quality lefty out of the bullpen (maybe more). Wouldn't mind "stealing" him in as a second or third piece in a deal like this.

Just remember, the tweet specifically says, it would have to be for someone that would help the Brewers RIGHT now, so if you are going to come up with trade ideas, you should probably look at their major league club, or a top end prospect of theirs that may be blocked by someone that could play for the Brewers tomorrow.

Colin Poche gets inserted right away.

Hader & Aguilar > Liberatore LHP & Honeywell RHP & Baz RHP & Lowe 1B

Can you just keep your craziness out of one thread please? Man. :rolleyes

Just remember, the tweet specifically says, it would have to be for someone that would help the Brewers RIGHT now, so if you are going to come up with trade ideas, you should probably look at their major league club, or a top end prospect of theirs that may be blocked by someone that could play for the Brewers tomorrow.

Oliver Drake and a voucher so Attanasio can get a free steak dinner the next time he is in Tampa.

Hader & Aguilar > Liberatore LHP & Honeywell RHP & Baz RHP & Lowe 1B

Can you just keep your craziness out of one thread please? Man. :rolleyes

Agreed. Can’t have every thread tainted by these cartoonish proposals. Suggestion: take a week off. Refreshes them mind.

I realize he just went on the IL but perhaps Yandy Diaz might be a target that could help starting early August and beyond this season...

Edit: Packaged with one of F Peralta or C Burnes & the BTV simulator thinks a deal gets done...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

wut

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

wut

Into the bullpen. The bullpen...

Community Moderator

This is a good summary of the Rays prospects that are going to be Rule 5 Draft eligible this off-season (if not added to the Rays 40-man roster):

Rays Prospects: 2019 Rule 5 Eligibles Likely to Force Trades

They already traded Nick Solak who listed under the “Definitely being added to 40-man roster or traded” category.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Thames is due $7.5 mil next year with his player option, I’m assuming he will exercise that.

Would we rather rid of that contract instead of Aguilars league min? Not discrediting Thames production this year, but for the money could we spend it better elsewhere? Teams would have to want Thames though, which could be a tough sell.

Archived