Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-23: Reds (Roark) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 14-6]

Eye Black
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is best way I can describe the feeling of watching our bullpen this year

Remember the opening of the ark scene in Raiders of the lost ark

When it’s time, Counsell opens the ark and releases the relievers. And anyone who doesn’t close their eyes has their faces melted in horror

The premise of this season's pitching decisions never made sense to me and I know some like myself said so before the season even started. It blew up on them and they never recovered. The end.

Wait until moose and Grandal leave next year. Replaced by Shaw and Pina. Crissakes

This team is such a disappointment. Finally have a nice little stretch and just squander it and go right back to square one. This team needs a big stretch where they win 9 out of 10. Not some nice little 5-2 run followed immediately by reverting right back where they were.

So, let's say they lose 3 of the next 4 this week after tonight- it certainly feels we're heading that direction. That would put them just a game above .500, likely 5+ games behind the Cubs in the division, and still missing your Ace for at least another month & a half. You'd have a hard time convincing me that they shouldn't sell guys like Moose & Grandal at that point.

Depressing to think about after last season..

So, let's say they lose 3 of the next 4 this week after tonight- it certainly feels we're heading that direction. That would put them just a game above .500, likely 5+ games behind the Cubs in the division, and still missing your Ace for at least another month & a half. You'd have a hard time convincing me that they shouldn't sell guys like Moose & Grandal at that point.

Gotta think DS will sell if this happens..

Gotta think DS will sell if this happens..

Yeah but Cubs losing again keeps them 2 back. That's the shame of this season. Last year's team would be 7 games up.

Don’t get so depressed. I’m sure everything will be rationalized by some obscure tie in between this team and the 27 Yankees. Or some reference to how we are actually outperforming some prediction by a random preseason podcast called Talking Brewers or What’s Brewing or Bernie’s boys. Or a team in this market should never be expected to win two years in a row. Or the “welp. I just enjoy baseball” surrender monkey

Did I miss anything

Fire up that San Antonio Shuttle. Let me guess, Taylor Williams and Jacob Barnes are coming back.

I think we should just name all our relievers with a capital B and end with rnes

We have burnes and Barnes. So just give the next gas can a Jersey with the next letter in the alphabet. Bbrnes. Then Bcrnes, Then Bdrnes. Then Bernes and so on

This is the game where DFA hernan Perez hurts. We needed a couple of innnigs out of him tonight

Smith and Jackson will be on a plane to San Antonio tomorrow, so it shouldn't matter much.

This is the game where DFA hernan Perez hurts. We needed a couple of innnigs out of him tonight

Smith and Jackson will be on a plane to San Antonio tomorrow, so it shouldn't matter much.

All kidding aside. Doesn’t that kind of suck for these guys. That’s got to be hard to perform when you are called up and sent right back down right away. It’s like you have no chance to settle in

All kidding aside. Doesn’t that kind of suck for these guys. That’s got to be hard to perform when you are called up and sent right back down right away. It’s like you have no chance to settle in

Yes it does. The Burch body language was of a guy who knew he was of a guy that knew he was being shipped out. It's got to suck.

Then pitch better. I mean, it’s not to hard to stick in this pen full of rag arms. Pitch better and you stay.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

They went all in with the 3 youngsters it backfired to an extent. But never replacing Knebel is a big one.Just hope that DS listens to everyone calling.

Yeah because All Star late inning relievers grow on trees. There was/is no replacement for Knebel (they were never going to pay Kimbrel what he got neither).

The GM gambled that he could go with the young arms and spend hardly any payroll on his rotation (and thereby acquire Grandal and Moustakas) and it blew up in his face. Further compounded by a poor year from Chacin, and middle relievers like Barnes and Williams being so poor they had to be replaced by journeymen non-40 man roster players.

Again scoring 4+ runs and a loss. The Crew have a really good record when scoring 4+ runs, and even better when scoring 5+ runs as I'm sure most teams do. Unfortunately they should be even better than what they are. Scored 6 tonight and still lost. I've been on the buy buy buy opinion until tonight. Might be time to sell kiddies. They just don't have it. Nothing short of winning the next 4 will change my mind.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ya I know I'm gonna get banned for this. But I'll die on this hill, been fun guys

You are correct and it has not been fun.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived