Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-22: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 6-5 -- Saladino’s 8th inning grand slam gives Crew the lead; Jeffress serves up 2-run HR in 9th to Suarez]

Eye Black
I'm so pissed...that is absolutely one of the worst managerial decisions you could possibly make Craig..I mean EVER. Any smart manager walks Suarez there...what's the harm?? There is none. CC will say "well, he was 0-10 against jeremy and we liked him against the righty there instead of the lefty on deck". Weak ass excuse craig...you just CANNOT make that mistake as a Manager..that is a total no brainer...that's not the first time he has done that this year either.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could not have put a pitch in the worse spot

He should have never been put in that spot. It was his idiot Manager's fault. The heat of a pennant race and Counsell makes that terrible of a decision?? Really?? Honestly, if I'm Stearns and Mark A, I call him in my office tomorrow and ask him what the hell he was thinking. Just absolutely f'n terrible.

Wow, that was an awful pitch.

Rock basically called it twice now tonight. First time with 2 outs and Iglesias up to bat and a scrub on deck, and Rock commented to be careful with a hot RISP hitter. Then again right before the Suarez HR there. No doubt, some questionable decisions by CC.

Community Moderator
Could be most deflating loss of the year easily.

I dunno ... they've had a lot of pretty deflating losses. This turned into a house money game after those improbable Saladino heroics.

Yeah, even among comeback games the Wednesday getaway day loss in San Diego was also pretty awful.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

VanMeter ..... just too scared of this guy. What else could be the reason?

That’s just it, with Puig in the game I get it. Not with a .236 hitter behind him. Just absolutely no reason to pitch to Suarez, NONE.

So in each of the last two games Jeffress actually threw more pitches than Hader. Why is Hader the one of those two who is unavailable tonight?

Exactly. This has been a problem all year. There doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to when he is and isn't available. The fact that Counsell has no options is on Stearns but Counsell has to manage the game better than that.

We can get mad at CC but I’ll turn my attention to JJ and Grandal. Make your damn pitches. Grandal has to be accountable too. Both ought to know better than what just happened.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We can get mad at CC but I’ll turn my attention to JJ and Grandal. Make your damn pitches. Grandal has to be accountable too. Both ought to know better than what just happened.

I don’t know, Jeffress wasn’t locating well. So you walk Suarez and if you miss like that to VanMeter you prolly still get away with it. If you don’t like Jeffress throwing to a lefty get Claudio. Either way better than pitching to Suarez and letting him beat you.

Archived