Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-22: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 6-5 -- Saladino’s 8th inning grand slam gives Crew the lead; Jeffress serves up 2-run HR in 9th to Suarez]

Eye Black
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So they know Braun isn't available, and instead of adding an extra bench bat with a roster spot open, they add a 9th reliever? Would serve them right to have to use Chacin as an infielder.

Good post. If it wasn’t so sad it would be even funnier.

Is it just me or could someone drive a truck through the strike zone? Ive noticed it mostly benefiting the brewers...

They got a call to benefit them in the 2nd AB that inning, but also got squeezed the first pitch of the Suarez at bat...which then turned 3-0 count.

I couldn’t really find many other wrong calls. Does seem like a larger zone though.

Bellinger is going to win the MVP. They polled a good number of people at the break and it was Bellinger by a landslide and the stats weren’t that far off. Yelich has closed the gap a bit, but it is a solid sign Yelich will have to undeniably be better to win.

Sad reality

Bellinger was a career .263 hitter before this year, obviously young but I don’t see him keeping pace. I bet he finishes around .311 and Yelich around .338

Bellinger is going to win the MVP. They polled a good number of people at the break and it was Bellinger by a landslide and the stats weren’t that far off. Yelich has closed the gap a bit, but it is a solid sign Yelich will have to undeniably be better to win.

Sad reality

Bellinger was a career .263 hitter before this year, obviously young but I don’t see him keeping pace. I bet he finishes around .311 and Yelich around .338

Bellinger is indisputably the better defender. Not sure that factors in with casual fans, but it should matter. Would be fun for yelich to get an mvp.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think sometimes the voters just don't feel like giving it to the same guy two years in a row.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I cannot wait till we get a new SS. What a day it will be.

[sarcasm]Only 650 days until Turang gets the call.[/sarcasm]

Personally speaking here, hoping it’s with the DBacks cause he was needed to be moved for us to secure Greinke and Ray, who helped us get past the dodgers and to a World Series title over the Yankees in back to back World Series titles.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
As much as he's a knucklehead, puig hustles...i can appreciate that. Shame on yelich for easing over

I don't think Puig is a knucklehead, I think he just has a certain way of playing the game that rubs people the wrong way. Personally, I don't have a problem with it.

Puig thankfully taking a nap because he would have scored easily on that. Even more thankfully Arcia pushed the runner off like a linebacker after failing to actually tag him out. Can’t go chasing a runner that long and dive when a guy is on third. Should have costed us a run, crazy he didn’t just give the ball up to Aguilar.

I think sometimes the voters just don't feel like giving it to the same guy two years in a row.

The mike trout effect. Guy who should win basically every year.

Or the Michael Jordan effect. That dude should have won the mvp every year he payed except for the wizards era

Archived