Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-21: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Young) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Saladino grand slam ties it in 4th; Bullpen stellar after Woodruff exits with abdominal injury]

Eye Black
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
7 unanswered runs.......impressive!

Pretty good considering the pathetic manager not understanding the importance of the game by running out an all time Sunday lineup then having to rely on garbage relievers for multiple innings after our All Star starter left early with an injury.

I think you pretty much nailed it ... well, I would have used more emphasis on the horrible decision to start Saladino in LF today, but still, bravo ;)

Exhibit A, Cal Ripken Jr.

Exhibit B, Lou Gehrig.

Two guys in the entire history of baseball have been anle to do it so why can't everybody?

Also, we're doing just fine without Yelich so far today.

I for one am all for an occasional Yelich day off. You got to do it here and there. The problem is Braun being so iffy. Just the other day Bill was saying how great he was feeling after all star break. Now he's got a back? The dude is being held together with chewing gum and seeds.

Call it a dumb question, but why does Yelich need a 'scheduled day off'.

Cal Ripken never needed them, nor did a lot of other all time greats that played 160+ games a year.

Because our understanding of rest as a preventative measure has evolved over time.

Yes, hello back tightness.

If Grisham CONTINUES to rake, the brewers should consider optioning Gamel, rostering Grisham and calling him up, to give more rest to Braun, Cain even Yelich, without losing much if any offense. He’d get plenty of AB’s, and be playoff eligible.

:laughing No. No they shouldn’t.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Shaw for Thames is going to be a crappy trade off

I like that Shaw is hitting better. I don't trust that it is seemingly in an environment where everyone hits, though.

San Antonio isn't known for above average park effects is it?

Shaw for Thames is going to be a crappy trade off

I like that Shaw is hitting better. I don't trust that it is seemingly in an environment where everyone hits, though.

San Antonio isn't known for above average park effects is it?

I didn't think it was as bad as Colorado Springs, but the offensive numbers that team is putting up seems to defy that logic. Those guys have raked all year. A lot of AAAA types who really shouldn't be doing it, too.

7 unanswered runs.......impressive!

Pretty good considering the pathetic manager not understanding the importance of the game by running out an all time Sunday lineup then having to rely on garbage relievers for multiple innings after our All Star starter left early with an injury.

I think you pretty much nailed it ... well, I would have used more emphasis on the horrible decision to start Saladino in LF today, but still, bravo ;)

CC grade today > A+

CC grade last 2 mo. > F

CC grade first mo.& 1/2 > A+

Interesting. I will have to look up what other organizations have done with San Antonio. I would be fascinated to see if others have had similar boosts.

It's more the ball than the ballpark, using the MLB ball in AAA this year has caused offensive numbers to skyrocket across the board.

Sorry lady and gentlemen but Gamel has an option. It’s one of the reasons Stearns traded for him. Don’t assume I don’t like Gamel just because I say the brewers should CONSIDER (consider) the optioning of Gamel IF (if) Grisham CONTINUES(continues) to rake to get the better bat into the lineup. So sometime between August 1 and 31.potentially.

Yeah! Now THAT was a satisfying win!

I hope all you guys who gave up on this game either after the lineup was posted or after Woody gave up a few early runs realizes that this is why they play the games.

I'll wear this one with pride

Sorry lady and gentlemen but Gamel has an option. It’s one of the reasons Stearns traded for him. Don’t assume I don’t like Gamel just because I say the brewers should CONSIDER (consider) the optioning of Gamel IF (if) Grisham CONTINUES(continues) to rake to get the better bat into the lineup. So sometime between August 1 and 31.potentially.

I don't agree with this at all, but thanks for explaining your reasoning.

Yeah! Now THAT was a satisfying win!

I hope all you guys who gave up on this game either after the lineup was posted or after Woody gave up a few early runs realizes that this is why they play the games.

I hope you do too. Since you’ve been ******** about Saladino a lot

I would suggest you send him a nice home cooked apple pie or maybe stand outside his window with a boom box and serenade him and ask for forgiveness

Archived