Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-21: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Young) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Saladino grand slam ties it in 4th; Bullpen stellar after Woodruff exits with abdominal injury]

Eye Black
Looks like a great day where nearly all of your good hitters are on the bench and your only good starter (hopefully) not seriously injured. I guess I don't need to say the Woodruff-less Brewers probably don't win 80 games this year.... hopefully he's ok.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Jimmy Nelson's line today:

1.0 IP, 2 H, ER, 0 BB, K on 21 pitches (11 strikes)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It's almost like maybe Saladino's -49 wRC+ isn't indicative of his true talent level & he is possibly due for positive regression.

Top ten post of the year, for me, at least.

You must be the guy wearing the lampshade on his head at parties

Abdominal? I swear the Dbacks announcers said “elbow”. Whew

From the Brewers Twitter account...

.@B_Woody24 left today’s game with abdominal discomfort

Well that's better than possibly twisting his knee while landing, I read the awkward landing thing on CBS rotowire. He was already getting up there on pitches and wasn't doing very well so hopefully just a let's call it day precaution.

Archived