Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-21: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Young) [Brewers win, 7-4 -- Saladino grand slam ties it in 4th; Bullpen stellar after Woodruff exits with abdominal injury]

Eye Black

Woodruff’s pitch count is mounting quickly with only 3 outs.

And the game is now pretty much out of reach.

Good time to go back outside to enjoy the rest of a nice day.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine if we had a pitcher who pitched like an elite ace and had the results to match it?

Brewers have literally not had one do so over a full season in a Brewers uniform since Sheets in 2008. Don’t think Woodruff will be the one to break the streak.

Verified Member
Can you imagine if we had a pitcher who pitched like an elite ace and had the results to match it?

Brewers have literally not had one do so over a full season in a Brewers uniform since Sheets in 2008. Don’t think Woodruff will be the one to break the streak.

Didn't Sheeter fade late in the season in '08? Even as we made our big push with CC?

He’s a legit #1 now, working his way to ace status, maybe next year he can be that elite ace that you want.

Didn't Sheeter fade late in the season in '08? Even as we made our big push with CC?

Not really. He was pretty consistent all year. Looking back he didn’t really have a bad month at all. Though to be fair I was referring to their overall stats...not as specific as you are referring to.

Feels we have guys who may have flashy stats, but put up a mid to high 3 ERA. Gallardo and Greinke both had ace stuff/secondary stats, but end of the day they gave up their fair share of runs.

Exactly why I want them to go get one at the deadline.

He was pitching injured and probably sacrificed a few years of his career. Pitched a shutout in August and September for us that year. CC was great but sheeter was still a hero.

Verified Member

Not really. He was pretty consistent all year. Looking back he didn’t really have a bad month at all. Though to be fair I was referring to their overall stats...not as specific as you are referring to.

Feels we have guys who may have flashy stats, but put up a mid to high 3 ERA. Gallardo and Greinke both had ace stuff/secondary stats, but end of the day they gave up their fair share of runs.

Yeah, I looked back and saw that he was pretty good. I guess CC going God mode overshadowed him a bit but he was fine.

Exactly why I want them to go get one at the deadline.

Can’t say I blame you. Woodruff could use a compliment and Davies could be a solid #3. Anderson/Gio is a pretty solid back end. Add in bullpen help and I think that is fielding a decent team.

Someone reminded CC he still had Claudio last night. I think someone had been playing a trick on him and said Claudio was traded. Expect about 12 appearances over the next week to make up for lost time.

Verified Member
Someone reminded CC he still had Claudio last night. I think someone had been playing a trick on him and said Claudio was traded. Expect about 12 appearances over the next week to make up for lost time.

Can Claudio and Woodruff play LF? Put him in to face Dyson next inning and put Woody in LF, Then just keep flip-flopping them letting Claudio pitch to lefthanders.

I'd put that in blue, but I actually think this would increase our chances of winning the game.

Woodruff got his ass kicked hard today

Counsell with the gravy game philosophy.

7-10 so far in July I believe. This was going to be the month to make some noise

NL wildcard will interesting. Will 9-10 games over .500 make it? That’s what we are going to need. Looking at our schedule 38-23 to get to 90 wins seems a bridge to far

If Claudio isn’t optioned by August 2nd-3rd, Stearns failed at the deadline.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
LOL @ fans giving up on a 3-0 game in the 2nd inning.[/quote

We must not be true fans huh? I mean how dare we think that the Brewers are going to lose with this junk line up.

I don't know what to think. In my opinion, it's disappointing that fans are willing to give up on a game so early. But that's just me.

Just checking in after being out all day. I am in shock at this lineup. I can't believe what I saw but in double checking it appears we had no interest in trying to score runs today. Roster construction is and has been an issue all year but man. You cannot just give a game away in the position they are in can you? This is probably the worst lineup I've seen the Bill Hall cleanup brewers.

Archived