Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-20: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Diamondbacks (Greinke) [Brewers win, 8-3 -- Bullpen delivers 5 scoreless innings in comeback win]

Eye Black
4 games back after tonight...VERY dangerous territory now. Cubs win today...had 12 hits, 5..5! Infield singles. Tiring see them win these "junk" games. 7-1 since the ASB, but have been at home the whole time and have played juggernauts such as Pitt, Cincy and SD. So maddening.

So they're beating the teams they should beat, which is what we failed to do in June.

Nothing we can do about it but deal with it and try to improve ourselves. This constantly living and dying with every Cubs win or loss in July isn't productive at all.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of Shaw, he homered again tonight that's #7, and is hitting .288

Again, to those who keep bringing this up. Where he gonna play?

Moose been struggling a bit, maybe give Moose a break or platoon and ride the hotter one?

Other wise your not sitting Huira for him. I mean I assume they are not that dumb.

I'm glad Shaw is having success in the minors and the Brewers dont rush it and try and squeeze him in somewhere. Let him have a strong end to the month then re evaluate.

He could play 1st...I mean Thames has been okay, but that's the logical spot to play Shaw, especially IF they somehow move Thames in a trade, and maybe that's Stearns's thought process. he was asked about Shaw a week or so ago and said "we'll find a spot for a productive player", but then wouldn't speculate as to how they'd find a place for him.

He also HAS played a couple of games in his career in LF...granted it was awhile ago and it was a small sample size..but he's done it.

Aguilar already barely gets at bats. Shaw comes up and takes more away from him.

Idk, if anyone else notice how hot Jesus is playing. Playing better then Thames. Over 17 games or whatever. He needs to play more.

4 games back after tonight...VERY dangerous territory now. Cubs win today...had 12 hits, 5..5! Infield singles. Tiring see them win these "junk" games. 7-1 since the ASB, but have been at home the whole time and have played juggernauts such as Pitt, Cincy and SD. So maddening.

So they're beating the teams they should beat, which is what we failed to do in June.

Nothing we can do about it but deal with it and try to improve ourselves. This constantly living and dying with every Cubs win or loss in July isn't productive at all.

This is getting old. I thought only noobs to baseball did this. Sweat the standings in June and July. I could care less what the Cubs, in fact I dont wanna know. But its brought up multi times every game thread so.

Community Moderator

He could play 1st...I mean Thames has been okay, but that's the logical spot to play Shaw, especially IF they somehow move Thames in a trade, and maybe that's Stearns's thought process. he was asked about Shaw a week or so ago and said "we'll find a spot for a productive player", but then wouldn't speculate as to how they'd find a place for him.

Thames currently has the second highest OPS (.884) and OPS+ (125) on the team behind only Yelich. He has been better than okay, in my opinion.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Shaw just homered again

Cool. Doesnt change anything.

Shaw updates

Grisham updates

And What happened in the cubs games.

3 mainstays in every igt.

For better or worse.

I don't mind the Shaw and Grisham updates, because those are Brewer related. I agree completely on the constant Cubs fear, though. Could care less in July.

This is getting old. I thought only noobs to baseball did this. Sweat the standings in June and July. I could care less what the Cubs, in fact I dont wanna know. But its brought up multi times every game thread so.

So you're saying you're not much of a baseball fan then?? Because if you were/are there is ZERO chance you wouldn't know how the Cardinals, or Phillies or Cubs did on a particular day. Maybe not right away that same day, but by the next day, you'd know.

Thames currently has the second highest OPS (.884) and OPS+ (125) on the team behind only Yelich. He has been better than okay, in my opinion.

Thames

Huira

Yelich

Braun

Moose needs to be moved down a bit.

You missed the point Brewcrewin07

Constant cub highlights and complaining about how lucky the cubs are, ha never been such a huge part of. IGTs as it is now.

It's all this worrying about what you cant control...

Seems some worry more about the cubs game going on then a brewers game on at same time

Speaking of Shaw, he homered again tonight that's #7, and is hitting .288

Again, to those who keep bringing this up. Where he gonna play?

Moose been struggling a bit, maybe give Moose a break or platoon and ride the hotter one?

Other wise your not sitting Huira for him. I mean I assume they are not that dumb.

I'm glad Shaw is having success in the minors and the Brewers dont rush it and try and squeeze him in somewhere. Let him have a strong end to the month then re evaluate.

He also HAS played a couple of games in his career in LF...granted it was awhile ago and it was a small sample size..but he's done it.

Thames has been better then OK........

I don’t see any issue with following other baseball teams. Isn’t that the point of being a fan of a sport

It helps with context and just entertainment

In general every game matters the same. It’s not like wins later in the year count as two. It’s just personal preference and how they enjoy sport

I don’t see any issue with following other baseball teams. Isn’t that the point of being a fan of a sport

It helps with context and just entertainment

In general every game matters the same. It’s not like wins later in the year count as two. It’s just personal preference and how they enjoy sport

Lol, I never heard anyone ever ever ever say or insinuate wins in September count differently then April.

Or maybe I missed that.

Lots of strawmanning.

Thanks tho. It's just my opinion, a relatively mild one too.

Archived