Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-20: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Diamondbacks (Greinke) [Brewers win, 8-3 -- Bullpen delivers 5 scoreless innings in comeback win]

Eye Black
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone - anyone - explain to me how Perez who can and has played 8 positions and who was batting 235 with an OPS of 659 (which admittedly is not great) gets DFA'd for a guy who is batting 106 and can't play as many positions as Perez?

Can someone - anyone - explain to me how Perez who can and has played 8 positions and who was batting 235 with an OPS of 659 (which admittedly is not great) gets DFA'd for a guy who is batting 106 and can't play as many positions as Perez?

Honestly, I think counsell was doing something about the clubhouse. I have no evidence of that. But I’m making an educated guess. Perez leaving. Arcia being benched.

Something seemed weird about it

Speaking of Shaw, he homered again tonight that's #7, and is hitting .288

Unless someone gets hurt there’s not really a spot for him till maybe September call ups. I think he’s a solid asset still going into next year.

Saving on salary?

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Again, to those who keep bringing this up. Where he gonna play?

Moose been struggling a bit, maybe give Moose a break or platoon and ride the hotter one?

Other wise your not sitting Huira for him. I mean I assume they are not that dumb.

I'm glad Shaw is having success in the minors and the Brewers dont rush it and try and squeeze him in somewhere. Let him have a strong end to the month then re evaluate.

Honestly, I think counsell was doing something about the clubhouse. I have no evidence of that. But I’m making an educated guess. Perez leaving. Arcia being benched.

Perez wasn’t playing well and Saladino was hitting really well in AAA. I have no issue trying it. I have a big issue with not bailing on the plan when it’s painfully obvious he can’t hit mlb pitching.

How many times do you see a team have men on second and third with one out and their number 6 hitter coming up and they have virtually no chance of scoring a run?
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Ok, let's go with your theory. Aguilar swinging a really hit bat and he isnt seeing the time he should. Dude had been red hot, why waste him? Aguilar had a hige presence in club house too, so then by your logic that would explain Aggy not playing much.

Perez Arcia Aggy seemed like the life of the club house to be honest...why would Counsell wanna screw with something that's been very good to this team. Not many if any teams at least it seems have the same type of cohesion the brewers do.

Moose been struggling a bit, maybe give Moose a break or platoon and ride the hotter one?

Other wise your not sitting Huira for him. I mean I assume they are not that dumb.

I'm glad Shaw is having success in the minors and the Brewers dont rush it and try and squeeze him in somewhere. Let him have a strong end to the month then re evaluate.

Two left handed hitters sharing the same position isn’t a platoon. And how do you figure out who is hotter if both players are getting inconsistent playing time?

Shaw has to stay in the minors until September unless or until someone gets hurt or traded.

The Saladino situation is another opportunity for the brewers to show that they are all in to win. They already lost ground with the Hiura debacle. You cannot wait much longer. Maybe give Spangenberg a look? Can he play short in a pinch?

He could play 1st...I mean Thames has been okay, but that's the logical spot to play Shaw, especially IF they somehow move Thames in a trade, and maybe that's Stearns's thought process. he was asked about Shaw a week or so ago and said "we'll find a spot for a productive player", but then wouldn't speculate as to how they'd find a place for him.

He also HAS played a couple of games in his career in LF...granted it was awhile ago and it was a small sample size..but he's done it.

Ok, let's go with your theory. Aguilar swinging a really hit bat and he isnt seeing the time he should. Dude had been red hot, why waste him? Aguilar had a hige presence in club house too, so then by your logic that would explain Aggy not playing much.

Perez Arcia Aggy seemed like the life of the club house to be honest...why would Counsell wanna screw with something that's been very good to this team. Not many if any teams at least it seems have the same type of cohesion the brewers do.

Maybe he was done with happy f*** around time when the team and particularly those players were playing like horse crap. Maybe it was a wake up call

Two left handed hitters sharing the same position isn’t a platoon. And how do you figure out who is hotter if both players are getting inconsistent playing time?

Shaw has to stay in the minors until September unless or until someone gets hurt or traded.

Shaw will come up here and stink. I don’t think he would be a good pinch hitter. And if he takes at bats away from hiura then I advocate packing up the franchise and disbanding for sheer idiocy

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The nutso thing with Saladino still being here is that he has an option.

Like they don't even have to DFA him. They can just send him down and they're not doing it.

I don't think Dubon has been down 10 days yet, and he'd be the logical swap.

I just don't trust the offensive numbers being put up by the other IFers in San Antonio like Spangenberg, Orf, Hager, etc.

How many times do you see a team have men on second and third with one out and their number 6 hitter coming up and they have virtually no chance of scoring a run?

One of these days Counsell will go with Huira in the top 3. And will stick with it. I have been complaining for 4 games about that now.

Craig is trying to be cute.

Heck maybe a Huira Yelich Aguilar top 3..those are the 3 hottest bats on team, also Braun had been hot, not Yelich or Huira hot.

Huira, Yelich , Braun

Something like that.

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Braun

Cain

Grandal

Moose- Moose has a couple OBP guys ahead of him, people to drive in, I know Cain has been reaching base more.

Arcia

This would never happen. And prob wouldnt work. Just thought it looked good in my eyes

This lineup is based on playing off the strengths of the players ahead of you.

Also the Cain Grandal Moose 5-7 would be like a middle of the order 1 2 3

Also why I ain't a manager.

The nutso thing with Saladino still being here is that he has an option.

Like they don't even have to DFA him. They can just send him down and they're not doing it.

I don't think Dubon has been down 10 days yet, and he'd be the logical swap.

I just don't trust the offensive numbers being put up by the other IFers in San Antonio like Spangenberg, Orf, Hager, etc.

I don't know how much I trust them either, but I do know they almost literally could not be worse.

4 games back after tonight...VERY dangerous territory now. Cubs win today...had 12 hits, 5..5! Infield singles. Tiring see them win these "junk" games. 7-1 since the ASB, but have been at home the whole time and have played juggernauts such as Pitt, Cincy and SD. So maddening.

Anyone expecting Gio to be some kind of big difference maker for the rotation is going to be disappointed. The best part about it is probably going to be getting Houser back as a pen option.

One of these days Counsell will go with Huira in the top 3. And will stick with it. I have been complaining for 4 games about that now.

Craig is trying to be cute.

Heck maybe a Huira Yelich Aguilar top 3..those are the 3 hottest bats on team, also Braun had been hot, not Yelich or Huira hot.

Huira, Yelich , Braun

Something like that.

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Braun

Cain

Grandal

Moose- Moose has a couple OBP guys ahead of him, people to drive in, I know Cain has been reaching base more.

Arcia

This would never happen. And prob wouldnt work. Just thought it looked good in my eyes

This lineup is based on playing off the strengths of the players ahead of you.

Also the Cain Grandal Moose 5-7 would be like a middle of the order 1 2 3

Also why I ain't a manager.

You're right it will never happen because of CC's infatuation with going L-R-L-R through the lineup.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
4 games back after tonight...VERY dangerous territory now. Cubs win today...had 12 hits, 5..5! Infield singles. Tiring see them win these "junk" games. 7-1 since the ASB, but have been at home the whole time and have played juggernauts such as Pitt, Cincy and SD. So maddening.

Lotta season left. Pretty useless to scoreboard watch in July in my opinion.

Archived