Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-20: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Diamondbacks (Greinke) [Brewers win, 8-3 -- Bullpen delivers 5 scoreless innings in comeback win]

Eye Black
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheeseheads are legion. We're everywhere. ;)

I know Flower Mound. I'm in College Station finishing my masters degree, then moving to Dallas in December.

What’s the freaking deal with your cheerleaders. That’s some weird stuff down there

Jason Kendall. Lead off more than any other spot in the batting order for his career.

I thought of him, but did he actually do that with the Brewers? Not sure if I actually remember that or if he just came to mind cause the 2009 team was such trash.

Not that I can think of. I think that was more in his Pirates days.

Cheeseheads are legion. We're everywhere. ;)

I know Flower Mound. I'm in College Station finishing my masters degree, then moving to Dallas in December.

What’s the freaking deal with your cheerleaders. That’s some weird stuff down there

Texas A&M has a saying, "From the outside looking in, you'll never understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it".

In other words we're basically a cult :laughing

Hopefully we can get Jesus in a game tomorrow. I think Craig forgot how hot he was. All though it's hard with how well Thames is hitting.

I am so tempted to tell Craig I wanna see Thames in left.

Thames

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Moose

Grandal

Arcia

Pitcher

Cain

Looks potent

Hopefully we can get Jesus in a game tomorrow. I think Craig forgot how hot he was. All though it's hard with how well Thames is hitting.

Thames

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Moose

Grandal

Arcia

Pitcher

Cain

Looks potent

Lefty starter tomorrow, you’ll see Aguilar.

Jason Kendall. Lead off more than any other spot in the batting order for his career.

I thought of him, but did he actually do that with the Brewers? Not sure if I actually remember that or if he just came to mind cause the 2009 team was such trash.

Craig Biggio.....Charlie Moore!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/7999.html

Thames

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Moose

Grandal

Arcia

Pitcher

Cain

Looks potent

Cool

Grandal

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Braun

Moose

Arcia

Pitcher

Cain

Craig Biggio.....Charlie Moore!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/7999.html

Really has become more frequent. More have done it in the 2000’s than the 1900’s

Thames

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Moose

Grandal

Arcia

Pitcher

Cain

Looks potent

Cool

Grandal

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Braun

Moose

Arcia

Pitcher

Cain

Who’s Cool. We need to play him more

So, here's something I've been thinking about. I'm going to research it tonight. Has any player in the modern era ever led the league in AVG, HR, RBI....and SB?

The last NL player to even win the Triple Crown was Ducky Medwick, all the way back in 1937. So, if it's happened, it's likely been in the AL.

The only player I know for a fact that's done it was Ty Cobb. But that was back in 1909, and he led the league with 9 home runs.

How screwy is this season where Yelich could win the Triple Crown, and lead the league in SB, and not win the MVP? I'd put that right up there with Teddy Ballgame hitting .406, and now winning the MVP in '41. DiMaggio was great, especially during his streak, but Williams got walked 147 times, and still led the league with 37 home runs.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

So, here's something I've been thinking about. I'm going to research it tonight. Has any player in the modern era ever led the league in AVG, HR, RBI....and SB?

The last NL player to even win the Triple Crown was Ducky Medwick, all the way back in 1937. So, if it's happened, it's likely been in the AL.

The only player I know for a fact that's done it was Ty Cobb. But that was back in 1909, and he led the league with 9 home runs.

How screwy is this season where Yelich could win the Triple Crown, and lead the league in SB, and not win the MVP? I'd put that right up there with Teddy Ballgame hitting .406, and now winning the MVP in '41. DiMaggio was great, especially during his streak, but Williams got walked 147 times, and still led the league with 37 home runs.

He won’t win the rbi title though probably?

Seeing Woodruff in the dugout just hanging around.......didnt teams use to have the next days starter chart the game? How long has that not been a thing?

Technology- They can probably get everything they need from computerized pitch trackers.

Thames

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Moose

Grandal

Arcia

Pitcher

Cain

Looks potent

Cool

Grandal

Huira

Yelich

Aguilar

Braun

Moose

Arcia

Pitcher

Cain

I would expect to see Pina get a start tomorrow

Archived